If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi :)

Options
Jules_H
Jules_H Scope Member Posts: 61 Courageous
While I have been here a few months I hadn't posted in this part. 
My name is Jules, and though I've lived in a vast amount of places throughout my life (military) I'm currently living in Carmarthenshire, South west Wales. 
I have multiple physical disabilities as well as low vision. While I am socially awkward around people in face to face situations, I learnt years ago to be able to laugh at myself with all my goofs and mishaps I have while attempting to be out and about on my own. 

I would like to add a thank you to the Scope team. Without a phone call I had with Scope not so long back, I'd still be trying to attempt everything on my own with no help or assistance from local organisations and authorities.  My sincerest thanks to you for helping with that.

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the online community @Jules_H it's great to see you positing, and thanks for such positive feedback. It's really positive to hear that Scope has been able to support and empower you :)

If you haven't had a look around already, feel free to get involved wherever you’d like 😊 I have included below a few places to get to know other members and get used to the forum:
    • The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask, and thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. I hope you are staying cool today!

Alex

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for introducing yourself @jules_h :) How are you getting on today? Are you enjoying the warm weather? 

Thank you for the lovely feedback. I've passed that on to our helpline team.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Jules_H
    Options
    @Tori_Scope Thanks for passing that along for me. They (Scope)  were kind enough to be a third party and give my local social services a much needed nudge to provide the adaptations and help they promise but never delivered.  As for the weather, I've never really  been one for the uk heat, it's a little too raw for me in comparison to the heat in other countries. It's one of the reasons I moved to Wales, it rains a lot here 😏  
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great @Jules_H :) I'm glad we were able to help! 

Yes, it does feel like a different kind of heat. Is it warm in Wales at the moment?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Jules_H
    Options
    @Tori_Scope It's about 21° at the moment. On the heatwave map the Met office shows, I'm further west than where the heat line ends over Wales, so the temps haven't gotten as high. Being coastal side we tend to get hit with a lot that comes across the Atlantic. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hope you are staying cool enough @Jules_H:)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Jules_H
    Options
    Hope you are staying cool enough @Jules_H:)
    Hi :)  While there were a couple of days I felt like I was melting into the chair, I didn't do too bad with the heatwave overall during the day, sleeping at night was the hardest for me. Now (08/09/22) it's been raining on and off and getting really stormy at times here in South west wales but the temperature doesn't seem to have dropped much. It can be raining heavy, and while the wind is cold, it remains around 20° - 24°. It'd be nice if one good downpour could clear the humidity a bit.  I suppose rain with a higher temp is better than the coming months when it'll be rain with freezing temps ;)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jules_H. I completely hear you!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.