Hi, my name is Oonagh! I joined to hear about spinal cord stimulator experiences — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Oonagh! I joined to hear about spinal cord stimulator experiences

Options
Oonagh
Oonagh Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I joined to hear about spinal cord stimulator experiences. I have been asked to consider it after long term post operative neuropathic pain. Pain is in right leg. Would welcome comments from Anyone 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,563 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hi @Oonagh welcome to the forum. I can't really say as I've not had any input with a spinal cord stimulater, but I have seen others say about them, who may reply.
    Take a look around the site, you might come across topics on it. 
    There a thread here about it called 

Spinal Cord Stimulator

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Oonagh :) It looks as though we've had quite a few members talk about spinal cord stimulators over the years. Here are a few examples:
    You can use the search function to find more discussions about this too. 

How are you feeling about the prospect of the procedure?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • FunWithChemo
    FunWithChemo Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    It has been a long time since you posted your question. I am a 4-time cancer patient and have gone through chemo 3 times, radiation 2 times, and multiple surgeries, including a double mastectomy without reconstruction. I went into my most recent chemo about 4 years ago with mild diabetic neuropathy and left chemo with severe peripheral neuropathy. Every step hurt - a lot! I was on opioids for a while, but eventually, I asked my pain doc to take me off the opioids because I felt they were stealing my energy and sedating me. He suggested a spinal cord stimulation device, and I elected to have one implanted at my waist on my back. My results have been phenomenal! I have a 65 to 85 % reduction in pain.  I was initially anxious because I had to have a trial run in which they implanted a device that they would remove, and a new device was installed long-term. I place a charging device over the implanted device about once each week. Interestingly, I found a low setting was best at reducing my pain. I wish you good luck and a life free of pain.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.