If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I able to claim the SDP. Am i entitled ?

Options
MAE63
MAE63 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I am getting income based ESA and have applied for PIP. I got a text from DWP to contact them about my ESA, when I called the lady got me really confused! I have not had letter from PIP yet. 
So can I please have some advice? 
I live at home with both parents. Dad is disabled claiming PIP he gets high rate. He also gets ESA (legacy benefit) I think you call it, which my Mum is on the claim, she works 12 hours a week for her own sanity she says ! DWP aware of her working and deduct money. They also get HB. For some reason the council no longer charge CT, they have confirmed this. My Mum claims carers allowance for my Dad.
The question I ask please am I able to claim the SDP. Am i entitled ? I see on another post that there is a form that can be filled in (IS10) do i need to call and ask for them to fill it in ? They do not get carers allowance for me.
Sorry for the long post. I appreciate all the advice you can give. Thank you. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No. Because you live with your parents and your mother is not getting a disability benefit.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MAE63
    Options
    But my Dad is, dies that not count ?
  • MAE63
    Options
    Sorry not dies..
    Does
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    MAE63 said:
    But my Dad is, does that not count ?
    No. You would all have to be receiving a disability benefit in order for any of you to be eligible for SDP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @MAE63 and welcome to the community :)

I'm sorry this wasn't the answer you were probably hoping for, but I hope we've been able to reassure you regardless. 

Is there anything else we can help with at all?

I hope you find the community a friendly and welcoming place to spend time. If you haven't had a look around already, feel free to get involved in discussions whenever you're ready. Here's some of the best places to start: 
    • The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all, please let us know, and I hope you are staying cool today!

Alex

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • MAE63
    Options
    Hi Alex, thank you for all the replies they are much apricated. I needed thing clarifying.  
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for your positive feedback @MAE63. I am glad to hear our replies are appreciated. If we can clarify anything else or support you further, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.