Hi, my name is Lav77! I desperately need a job — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lav77! I desperately need a job

Options
Lav77
Lav77 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2022 in Work and employment
Can anyone help. Its a long post I'm afraid. I'm nearly 45 infact it's my birthday next week! I haven't been in paid employment since 2007.  After the birth of my first child in 2006 I took a full years maternity just before I was due to return i contracted meningitis and my health  just took a turn for the worst! Over the years I kept getting ill and subsequently diagnosed with Sarcodosis on the lung, then other conditions struck I also suffer with fibromyalgia, Patella chondropathy (knee condition affects my mobility) Eustation tube dysfunction (affects my ears ) Bowel disease. I struggle with anxiety and depression I'm In pain daily. I take a mix of medication which on days make it hard to function. Throw into all of this menopause confirmed by my doctor. I desperately need a job I don't know what to do who to contact who would want to employ someone like me! I am married 3 kids husband works full time I am in receipt of PIP but we are struggling financially. My husband earns too much for any financial help but he's living in overdraft and we are struggling. is there any special recruitment for anyone like me. I just need advice if anyone can help I'd be very grateful.  Thanks for reading  x 
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Lav77 and welcome to the online community, it's lovely to see you join us.

This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m hopeful that you’ll find it to be a positive outlet. Feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 I have included below a few of the pages I’d recommend having a look through to get used to things:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

I have moved your thread over to our work and employment category, which you may find it helpful to browse for any related discussions.

Thank you for telling us about your situation, sorry to hear of everything you have been through and that you are in a bit of a tricky moment right now. Often, reaching out and accessing peer support such as that provided by our fantastic members can be the first step taken towards changing things for the better, so I really appreciate you reaching out.

Firstly, how are you managing with your physical and mental health at the moment? I hope that you receive all the support you need from your medical team to cope, but of course if you feel as though you need more help please get in touch with your doctor or medical team to talk about your situation. 

How are your husband and kids getting on too?

In terms of work, do you have any idea what kind of work you would be interested in? Do you have a particular career in mind? You might find it useful to read about Scope's various employment services over on this page, hopefully one of them will be a good fit for you.

Financially you mentioned that you are struggling at the moment, have you considered seeking some professional financial advice so that you can discuss your situation and talk about your options? You could go through the Money Advice Service for money related information and support. You could also fill out a benefits calculator to make sure you are receiving all the benefits you may be entitled to.

Happy birthday for next week! Do you have any plans to celebrate? :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.