If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Steve_Ston!

Options
Steve_Ston
Steve_Ston Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone, found this forum by chance today so thought I'd come on board.

I suffer from a variety of conditions that affect my daily life, I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid disease around 1992 but this has apparently "burned out" however it has left me with severe damage to multiple joints, six major joints having been replaced over the years, ankles x 2, knee x 1, hip x1 and shoulders x 2.

I now have pretty severe Osteoarthritis that has affected my spine badly, the last MRI shows an absolute car crash in my lumbar region, this possibly exacerbated by 3 x failed spinal surgeries carried out over the course of 20010/11 following a spinal injury in 2008.

As I'm sure many will know, the spinal issues are the ones affecting my life, in effect from L1 to S1 the nerve roots are almost completely stenosed which of course gives me a great deal of pain, peripheral nerve pain and motor problems although thankfully I am still able to drive and can walk very short distances with crutches.

I do have some questions to ask the community but obviously I'll sign off here and post up in the appropriate sections.

Regards,

Steve

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.