Hi, my name is mariat1968! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mariat1968!

Options
mariat1968
mariat1968 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
hi everyone just joined in case i need help. been refused pip i have appealed waiting for decision before it goes further also got wca on 23rd august. i have lupus underactive thyroid emphysema/copd

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, what matters is how your conditions affect you against the 12 PIP activities.
    When you say appealed, do you mean the first step, which is Mandatory Reconsideration (MR)? If so then the most likely outcome will be the decision will remain the same. Timescales for a decision at this stage is 2-12 weeks.
    Once the decision is made if you're not happy then you can request the Tribunal. Lots more threads on this in the PIP section of the forum.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mariat1968
    Options
    hi poppy yes mr done they have until 23rd august to reply sorry new to all this
  • poppy123456
    Options
    So at Tribunal stage. Don't be too alarmed if DWP do not respond by the deadline because they very often don't. If they don't the hearing will continue as normal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mariat1968
    Options
    thankyou both its all so stressfull trying to sort this all out. what happens if i still get refused pip and work capabilty but my doctors still say im unfit for work please. im so stress got wca on 23rd over telephone appointment
  • poppy123456
    Options
    PIP has nothing to do with your ability to work. A fit note doesn't prove you have a limited capability for work. Lots of people are found to have LCW or LCWRA. Once the decision is made on your WCA if you're not happy you can challenge that decision.
    For you PIP Tribunal then you can get some expert advice from an agency near you. It's also never too late to get representation. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @mariat1968 and welcome to the community :) I'm glad to see our members could help you out, but do let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime. 

We wish you all the best for your Tribunal, and your WCA appointment too, if you need support we are here for you!

If you feel like having a look at the rest of the forum, you can find all the latest conversations in our recent discussions category, all the different topics in our categories page, and you can meet and chat with other members over in our virtual coffee lounge too. 

Take care today :smile:

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • mariat1968
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @mariat1968. It is the very least you deserve. If we can do anything else to support you, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.