If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP application ADHD

Options
AUDHDGAL
AUDHDGAL Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,
I’ve just completed my form with evidence included.

Although googling the wait times I feel a little disheartened.

I am currently on LCWRA because of mental health and I only got my ADHD diagnosis in July. I am also on the waiting list for an autism diagnosis, again this carries a 2 year waiting list. 

I think I’m just writing this all because I have only shared my diagnosis with my counsellor and probable future diagnosis. It’s an incredibly isolating world out there and on top of this I’m dealing with the loss of my mum to cancer suddenly last year, she was in her 50s. 

I don’t feel very capable of tackling the real world and have struggled since I graduated a few years ago. 

I do want to get back into working and being more independent (I still live at home). But I just feel like my life is frozen. I just feel like I’d cope better if I could get to a place of working less hours in a job, but still earning a full time income. My adhd and possible autism (highly likely) just make life feel very overwhelmed and isolated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome @AUDHDGAL thanks for joining the community and posting today. Firstly, well done for completing and sending off the form, that's a big job done and dusted :) 

It must be a very difficult time for you lately, and I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. I can't imagine what that's like. If you are ever struggling with things or how you are feeling, I'd encourage you to reach out to Cruse Bereavement Support, for help with what you're going through.

I'd like you to know that you're not alone in experiencing feelings of isolation or of feeling overwhelmed. This is a very friendly and understanding community, and I hope that we can act as a place of support and company for you. 

You might like to visit our Autism and Neurodiversity category to chat to members who might be going through similar things.  

If you'd like to have a look at the rest of the forum, you can find all the latest conversations in our recent discussions category, all the different topics in our categories page, and you can meet and chat with other members over in our virtual coffee lounge too.

Life might feel a bit stuck right now, but given time, it can produce a great deal of change. If there's anything we can help with to support you in getting where you'd like to be, or how you'd like to feel, then please do ask :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.