P.I.P Review Claim — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

P.I.P Review Claim

Options
HayleyRX
HayleyRX Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
edited August 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have been reading through people's comments for weeks now and decided to join up. There is alot of discussions on new p.i.p claims and paper based assesments. DWP received my review award form the 13/12/2021. I rang them 12/08/2022 to find out my forms had been sent the HP. ( my luck ). Does any 1 know ruffly how long it takes for an assesment once they receive your forms? Do I have to wait for more long weeks ahead, or could it be really soon?.. also has 1 been awarded p.i.p for crohns disease? I did and wondered about other people's experiences trying to get p.i.p with this condition. 🤔  X

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2022
    Options
     I rang them 12/08/2022 to find out my forms had been sent the HP. ( my luck ). Does any 1 know ruffly how long it takes for an assesment once they receive your forms?
    All forms are sent to a health provider. There are long delays waiting for assessments - many months. It is 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • HayleyRX
    Options
    Ohh I see. I've read that many things online, I thought in a review case, the CM could make a decison without needing it to be sent the HP. My condition has changed for the worse so I did kinda expect that it would need looking into by a HP anyway. I knew p.i.p reviews have been on hold that's why I didn't bother hounding the p.i.p help line. When I did last Friday I just assumed they were making a start on my claim and the assesment could be very soon!. Aw well more waiting haha. Also could you tell me if my p.i.p was successful and it went higher ( I only received lowest daily ) would I get money backdated from December last year? Thanks 😊 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Reviews were suspended during the first part of Covid but they started back up quite sometime ago. They are still concentrating on new claims rather then reviews so that's why backlogs are so long.
    HayleyRX said:
    also has 1 been awarded p.i.p for crohns disease?
    PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you against the 12 PIP activities.
    If this is a review started by DWP then they don't usually backdate any money if this decision is a higher award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • HayleyRX
    Options
    Thank you  so even though the HP has my claim right now  I still could be waiting up to couple more months is this correct? I'm on my 8 month already, it's so draining towards the end! I have been able to avoid phoning and readying people's expericances up until a couple of weeks ago.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    HayleyRX said:
    Thank you  so even though the HP has my claim right now  I still could be waiting up to couple more months is this correct?

Yes. It's likely another assessment is needed. Once an appointment becomes available they will contact you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • HayleyRX
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Oh also my auntie is receiving p.i.p. she was also having a review and with her having no change in her case, she was told 4 month ago with no assesment that her claim would continue the same for another 3 years. We live in the same area, + I handed my review claim in before hers? I have read quite a few people that has had no change and not needed an assesment. Just simply told it would continue or not. Personally I think if u have no change in a review claim your getting seen way sooner then the likes of me who circumstances have changed. Remember where is the same area? Can this also be right? 🤷‍♀️. Thank you for your advice x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    HayleyRX said:
    Oh also my auntie is receiving p.i.p. she was also having a review and with her having no change in her case, she was told 2month ago with no assesment that her claim would continue the same for another 3 years. We live in the same area, + I handed my review claim in before hers? I have read quite a few people that has had no change and not needed an assesment. Just simply told it would continue or not. Personally I think if u have no change in a review claim your getting seen way sooner then the likes of me who circumstances have changed. Remember where is the same area? Can this also be right? 🤷‍♀️. Thank you for your advice x

Just telling them there's no change doesn't mean an assessment won't be needed. It makes no difference whether you're in the same area. All claims are different. You are overthinking this.
  • HayleyRX
    Options
    OK thank you so much for your help x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @HayleyRX. It is the very least you deserve. If we can do anything else to support you, please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Kieran20
    Kieran20 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    edited August 2022
    Options
    calcotti said:
     I rang them 12/08/2022 to find out my forms had been sent the HP. ( my luck ). Does any 1 know ruffly how long it takes for an assesment once they receive your forms?
    All forms are sent to a health provider. There are long delays waiting for assessments - many months. It is 
    Not quite actually. For reviews specifically they go to a Decision Maker to determine if the form and any supporting evidence alone is enough. If they can’t decide it’s referred to an assessment provider to try and do the same again, then it’ll go to an assessment if they are still unsure. They will then write a report and send that back to the case manager - if they are happy they’ll make a decision, if not it’ll be returned to the assessment company for a second opinion.

DWP will review your form. If they need more information, an independent health professional might phone you to ask some questions or send a letter inviting you to an assessment. ”

https://www.gov.uk/pip/when-your-pip-claim-is-reviewed

For new claims, yes they generally go straight through to the assessment provider unless there’s a specific reason it shouldn’t as there’s rarely enough on paper.

For the review the DWP need to justify that they believe sending you for an assessment will result in a change of your award. If it’s likely to support the current award, they won’t refer it as they have to pay for each referral.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Kieran20 said:
    calcotti said:
    Not quite actually. For reviews specifically they go to a Decision Maker to determine if the form and any supporting evidence alone is enough. If they can’t decide it’s referred to an assessment provider to try and do the same again, then it’ll go to an assessment if they are still unsure.

Yes but the majority of review forms are sent to the health assessment providers. Paper based decisions are still quite rare, even for reviews.
  • HayleyRX
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I knew I had read that in a few places on the Internet but I didn't have a clue with reading people's posts about it too. Thank-you. It's a shame I didn't send enough evidence in though. I thought I did :/.. I also read that some one going through a review claim and had their award higher, got backdated money? Surely 1 person can't have gettin backdated money and others dont with a review. I did have a feeling the HP might try and do a paper based first before calling me for an interview. I'm sure that was on gov site. But I have been on that many I couldn't be 100% right
  • HayleyRX
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I honestly did not think I would have to wait another couple of months once the HP had received people's forms. But I'm not going to stress any more over it now. I will keep people posted when I know more, just incase it helps some 1 else. This is the best forum I have found. Thank you very much to every one 😊  x
  • MadCow1
    MadCow1 Community member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi

Can anyone advise me about my PIP review form?

I get PIP for my OA, but I've also mentioned depression on the form . I have just recently been referred to Psychological Wellbeing Service, should I inform PIP of this?

I sent my review form back in March.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That is not classed as a change of circumstances that needs to be reported. If you have an assessment (very likely) then you can mention it during that.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @HayleyRX and welcome, I'm so glad to hear that you've been finding the community helpful!

I hope the wait to hear more won't be too long now, but let us know if we can help with anything in the meantime. 

If you'd like to have a look around the rest of the forum, you're welcome to do so! You can find all the different topics for discussion in our categories page, the latest conversations in recent discussions, and you can get to know other members and chat in our virtual coffee lounge

@MadCow1 has your question been answered, or is anything still unclear for you? :) 

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • MadCow1
    MadCow1 Community member Posts: 396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @poppy123456,

Thankyou  for the advice, it's very helpful.
  • HayleyRX
    Options
    Can I ask if anyone knows the answer to this question, but if p.i.p decide to not go ahead with my review, how long is it till some 1 can apply for it again? I'm thinking if I didn't get accepted I would ask for MR but that would be as far I would be willing to go. Too much stress and anxiety, thanks
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HayleyRX said:
    ..how long is it till some 1 can apply for it again?
    Anybody can apply for PIP if they do not have a current award.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    HayleyRX said:
    Can I ask if anyone knows the answer to this question, but if p.i.p decide to not go ahead with my review, how long is it till some 1 can apply for it again? I'm thinking if I didn't get accepted I would ask for MR but that would be as far I would be willing to go. Too much stress and anxiety, thanks
    If the worst happens and you’re refused I’d advise you to challenge the decision all the way to Tribunal. 
    To constantly reapply using the same evidence is likely going to see another refusal. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.