If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp text message

Options
tracie4347
tracie4347 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
Hi all..I have just received  a message also saying my claim for pip has not been processed  as yet and not to contact.? Is this a message then do you think when they are actually looking at my claim .?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It means exactly what it says "we haven't made a decision on your claim yet" It's impossible to tell you when a decision maker would look at your claim. If you've had your assessment then timescales are between 2-12 weeks from when the assessment report is returned to DWP.
    Once a decision is made you'll be sent the decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tracie4347 :) Do you mind me asking what stage of the PIP process you're at? 

It can be worrying to get a text from the DWP you're not expecting! It sounds like you're wary of fake texts, which is good to see. Do you feel confident in knowing how you might be able to tell what's a scam text, and what's not? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • tracie4347
    Options
    Tori ..hi I just don't answer  anything I'm not expecting I would like to think I'm ok in that department  ..I have had fake royal mail ..even dangerous  emails from a address that was supposed  to ge Housing ass I was lucky my e mail recognised  it as a threat and alerted me ...I do try to be vigilant  ..
  • tracie4347
    Options
    You asked what stage I'm at of my claim I asked for my indefinite  dla to be looked at in April as my health has got worse ..I had to make claim from pip then I had telephone  assessment 2 weeks ago ...
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's good to hear @tracie4347 :) I'd definitely encourage you to avoid clicking any links in unexpected or suspicious emails or texts, and not to reply with any information, as you've said. 

Thanks for explaining that. How did you find the telephone assessment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • tracie4347
    Options
    Replying about my telephone  assessment .
    They  cancelled the first one on day of appointment and re-booked  it for  2 weeks later..the young man I got was nice but told me to answer questions with a brief answer ? I no they don't want long winded history as they are typing and time restricted but I do not feel I was able to answer they way I would have on a face to face ..as the person cannot see me which goes along way to helping to assessment  ie walking movement etc that they  can incorporate  into report..so maybe I'm just stressing but some questions they ask you are open ended ..if you get my meaning ..where I can add more but restricted to just answering  directly. 
  • tracie4347
    Options
    I have just received  a letter as well now saying they have all the information they need to make a decision  for my claim for Pip..I wonder how long it will take now its 20 weeks from I asked for my dla to replaced by a pip claim ..even thou I'm still in receipt  of my dla ..I m terrified they will stop my benifit .as I read on a googled site that people on dla should be prepared for their DLA to be stopped  and refused PIP....this is making me ill ..
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That will be a standard letter they send everyone. Once a decisions been made you will receive the decision letter. 
    If you’re successfully award PIP your payments will start about 7 weeks after the decision is made. If you’re aware is higher than DLA there will be no money owed. 
    Decisions can take between 2-12 weeks after the report was returned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tracie4347
    Options
    Thank you poppy for your advice ..
    I have been using my little  savings to pay for the extra help I needed  but its run out ..I didn't realise if I was awarded  higher than my dla there would be no back dated payment  .currently  I'm on high mobility low care I should have challenged the care component years ago.   But was always to afraid. Hope I ain't shot myself in the foot. .
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @tracie4347. It is the very least you deserve.

It sounds really tough that you have been using your little savings to pay for the extra help you needed and it has run out. 

I hope you can receive the money you need and deserve soon. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you further, we are all here for you.

Also please feel free to keep us updated on how you are doing. We all care about you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • tracie4347
    Options
    Is it true I can ask for the  statement of award given by the assessor  on my telephone assessment  .or do I have to wait till they make full assessment  ..
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you have had your assessment and received a letter telling you they have all the information they need your claim will now be in the ‘decision phase’ which as advised above can take 2-12 weeks. You can call PIP and ask for a copy of your assessment report if you wish. Once you have received the copy use this link to help tell you what has been recommended: https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test-form

Please note that the assessors choices are a recommendation only. It is down to a Decision Maker wether or not to award you PIP, this is sometimes why it might not be useful to ask for a copy especially if it can cause great anxiety.
  • tracie4347
    Options
    Ok thanks .I will leave then for now  .it'd so wrong that for people not nessesary  myself people who have asked for there dla to be moved to pip ahead of there change due to medical reasons possibly lose out on backdated money if there award is then made at a higher rate ...and the longer they leave completing the assessment  the people that are awarded higher rate are loosing out in benifits ..its so wrong  . .I'm now worried sick I loose out completely  as I have read that the dwp is doing fresh pip claims and those in receipt  of dla  that have applied  for pip are being held up due to the fact they are still receiving benifits. Have you heard this to .
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No. I received a lifetime award of DLA quite a few years ago now but was moved to PIP in 2020. My new award is just shy of 4 years and yes I was disallowed at new claim stage and MR before I got awarded by a DWP DM before tribunal, I understand it’s frustrating but rules are rules and even I thought DLA had its flaws too. After your decision is made your DLA will continue for 4 weeks after and then your new award will take affect (if awarded).
  • tracie4347
    Options
    Thanks bg844 for the feed back ....on my question...gosh ..its so worrying but thanks for helping me understand  a bit better ...I worry as I live alone with no family  if they stopped my support  altogether  I really  don't no what I would do ..I really on help .suppose  I just need to wait and see ...
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad we were able to help you @tracie4347. I can hear how you are feeling worried about the potential consequences of potential actions. 

Would anything, in particular, help this wait to feel more manageable for you? Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you through this  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • tracie4347
    Options
    Thank  you for kind thoughts ..I think just having like minded people to kind of bounce  of if you get my meaning is very helpful  in itself..thankyou ..I suppose  I just need to wait and see what they decide ..I no I answered  some questions wrong ..for example  do I need help opening meds I said no ..but I put my meds on blue tack and use a tooth pick so is that classed as yes or no ..
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    I hear you @tracie4347. It can be really useful to have like-minded people to talk to.

I can see how you put no because of not needing human support. However, those things could be deemed assistance (or tactics) to some people.

All very subjective though if you ask me. I can see both sides of the coin  :)

• tracie4347
    Options
    Received  a text today saying I had been awarded pip ..so just need to  see if new claim for pip is higher or lower than my DLA ...I did ask ahead if being transferred  as my health has got worse hopefully I get awarded a level where I can get someone to have care ..I was on low rate care high rate mobility  for my dla ...so fingers crossed  🤞  will keep you up to speed how I get on ..
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Good news. Your first PIP payment will be about 7 weeks time. You should receive one final DLA payment before it ends.
    You can also ring PIP tomorrow and they will tell you what the decision is or you can wait for the letter which you should receive in the next couple of weeks. 
    You won’t be owed any money even if the PIP award is higher.
    If you’re not happy with the decision you can challenge that by requesting the MR.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.