Howdy

Curtains_Girl
Curtains_Girl Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Good morning all. I've just found this site. I'm not sure where to start or if I'm to share my info (?) but I'd love to get to chatting. Thanks for reading x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

Most people start by telling a bit about yourself 

You might like to start by looking at coffee lounge or recent discussions 
  • Curtains_Girl
    Thanks janer1967, that was swift 😊 I'm 36 and live in the North-West. The Coffee Lounge looks interesting but I wouldn't know where to start! x
  • Curtains_Girl
    Hi @Curtains_Girl I hope you enjoy being part of the Community. If you have any questions please ask. Have a look around the forum and join in when you are ready. Look forward to reading your posts. Take care.
    Thanks so much! I've been wanting to chat online for a while and just happened to stumble across here. It seems friendly, inviting for different situations and I do feel lonesome x
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    Welcome to the community @Curtains_Girl :) It's really great to have you on board, so I'm glad you stumbled across us!

We like to think we're friendly and inviting here on the community, so it's good to hear that's the impression you got. 

We talk about a range of topics here. You can see what we're talking about right now by looking on the recent discussions page. If you'd like to see the kinds of topics we talk about, and view discussions that way, you can visit our categories page.

Here's a link to the coffee lounge. You're welcome to comment on any post in there, or start your own.  Perhaps you could start off by telling us what you're having for tea, or how your day's been going so far

You're welcome to share information about yourself, though you should of course be careful with what you share. For example, you shouldn't share your full name, address, date of birth, telephone number, or email address, and so on.

If you have any questions about using the community at all, please just let us know. We'd be happy to help!
  • Curtains_Girl
    That's so sweet, thank you Tori. It's great, getting points for interacting too (#WINNING!) I'm pleased it's Friday. These weeks keep on flying. I know it's a cliche but I've been noticing signs of Xmas already 😮 I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about having a nice time x 
  • Curtains_Girl
    Okay here it goes. I'm not sure of the exact order these occured in my life but I've anxiety, depression, severe trichollomania, agoraphobia, intrusive thoughts and ADHD. Phew 😵‍💫
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,443 Championing
    Yes, time's felt like it's been moving so quickly @Curtains_Girl! Summer's gone by in a flash for me... 

Are you a big fan of Christmas?

Thank you for sharing with us the conditions that you live with. We have plenty of members with similar conditions, so you're in good company. @Biblioklept may be able to chat to you about having ADHD, and @66Mustang has posted about experiencing intrusive thoughts before, for example.

Are you receiving support to help you manage your conditions at the moment?
  • Curtains_Girl
    Thank you for sharing also. I just love being with my loved ones (and the food!) It's fingers crossed about what's on tv too! x
  • Curtains_Girl
    Sorry! I somehow missed your question about treatment. I've had counselling. CBT, mindfulness etc. I've been on medication for years but I'm struggling even more so lately. I'm going to look into hypnotherapy, last chance saloon. I feel it's too far gone now tbh. How about you? Thank you for reaching out x 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,924 Championing
    @Curtains_Girl How have things been for you more recently? I appreciate it has been a little while since you last posted on this thread now.

I want to make sure you have access to the support you need and deserve but I am also aware that things might have changed since.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to help. We are all here for you  :)
  • Curtains_Girl
    Hello and thanks for messaging . Things are the same here x