Truss or Sunak For PM?

Options
Wibbles
Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,808 Trailblazing
edited September 2022 in Coffee lounge
Truss appears to have no real ideas about the real world
For example she wants to reverse the last rise in NI to make everyone better off
Really - what about those that don't pay NI anyway - how will that make ME better off? 
She has already admitted that, that will make the richer, richer still 
We are doomed if we do and doomed if we don't!!
To be honest, I don't trust either of them 

Comments

• Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,107 Trailblazing
    Options
    Wibbles said:
    Sunak is a back-stabbing snake in the grass; I wouldn`t trust him as far as I could throw him.
    There`s also something about Truss that makes me not trust her either.
    I`m not a fan of the Tories, but I usually vote them to keep Liebour out; if either of these two are in No10 for the next General Election, I won`t be voting Tory.

• Wibbles
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Cartini said:
    Wibbles said:
    Sunak is a back-stabbing snake in the grass; I wouldn`t trust him as far as I could throw him.
    I`m not a fan of the Tories, but I usually vote them to keep Liebour out; if either of these two are in No10 for the next General Election, I won`t be voting Tory.

Same here 
    Seems we're doomed whatever happens
    Have you seen this BBC News - Liz Truss: It's fair to give wealthiest more money back
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Options
    Truss wins the job 

Not holding out much hope for any financial help unless your in a higher rate tax band but you never know she could shock us all one way or another

• Cartini
    Options
    Wibbles said:
    Cartini said:
    Wibbles said:

Same here 
    Have you seen this BBC News - Liz Truss: It's fair to give wealthiest more money back
    It`s not unusual / unlike the Tories to take from the less well off and give to the wealthy.

• Wibbles
    Options
    Cartini said:
    Wibbles said:
    Cartini said:
    Wibbles said:

Same here 
    It`s not unusual / unlike the Tories to take from the less well off and give to the wealthy.

Well they've got 2 years
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,117 Championing
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Closer than many thought 57% v 43% Truss seems to have indicated no election until 2024.

I have no expectations from her, haven't got it in me to wish her well in her new job and strangely think that in 12 months time we will be wishing Boris was still PM.

A bad day for the uk, a truly awful day for the poor, the sick and the disabled who will get nothing from Thatcher Mk2, who will lead the country into a prolonged period of recession high inflation and historically high interest rate.
  • Cartini
    Options
    woodbine said:
    A bad day for the uk, a truly awful day for the poor, the sick and the disabled who will get nothing from Thatcher Mk2, who will lead the country into a prolonged period of recession high inflation and historically high interest rate.
    My sentiments exactly. 
    I won`t be voting Tory if Truss is in No10 for the next General Election.  Having suffered under Thatcher, cringed under May and the fact my female manager is the worst manager I`ve ever experienced in my life, I will never, in a million years, vote for a female Prime Minister.

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,495 Championing
    Options
               Rather sexist Cartini.....I take it you don't like women in general 
  • Cartini
    Options
               Rather sexist Cartini.....I take it you don't like women in general 
    I knew at least one person wouldn`t read my comments properly and retort with a woke reply.  My comment is based on experience, nothing sexist about it.  Thatcher destroyed society; why do you think we have so many unruly parents now?  They are the product of Thatcher`s policies.  May totally ignored the result of the referendum and wanted to keep us tied to the EU or, as is commonly quoted, Brexit in Name Only.
    As for my manager; you are in no position to play the sexist card without meeting her.  She is absolutely useless; her "management skill" borders on bullying / harassment.
    No, I`m not a mysogynist at all and for you to reply with such a comment shows how narrow minded you are.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,315 Championing
    Options
    One word.... "nightmare" :s
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,117 Championing
    Options
    I must say that I don't dislike her as a woman and women can make extremely good leaders, sadly that doesn't include British prime ministers, I dislike her because like so many politicians inside the Westminster bubble she has no clue about how we the men and women in the street live or should I say survive.
    Her party has been responsible for the worst 12 years of my lifetime, we have had all of the pain and non of the gain, the poor have been made to pay for the mistakes of the rich and under Truss this will continue perhaps even get worse.
    Sadly for us things will be so bad there is no chance she will win an election whenever that might be, just as sadly I'm not sure anymore that Labour will be the answer unless they dump Starmer and elect Andy Burnham as their new leader.
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Championing
    Options
    At this time I’d rather have Cameron than Truss and he was a nightmare too! I’ll have to see how I feel about her in the coming weeks but certainly better than Sunak. I agree with Cartini’s earlier comments too on keeping Liebour out, if they was in power two words ‘no good’.
  • Siwheels73
    Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 742 Empowering
    Options
    Personally, I don't see the point of slinging mud at someone who is not even in power yet, or who has yet to reveal their plans. @cartini seems to have an intense aversion to ANY female leader - Thatcher was in power for too long to have been completely wrong in what she did in entirety. Sunak was too close to the the current idiot leader to be elected by right thinking Conservative members.
  • Cartini
    Options
    Personally, I don't see the point of slinging mud at someone who is not even in power yet, or who has yet to reveal their plans. @cartini seems to have an intense aversion to ANY female leader - Thatcher was in power for too long to have been completely wrong in what she did in entirety. Sunak was too close to the the current idiot leader to be elected by right thinking Conservative members.
    I have no problem with any female leader so long as she shows her worth.  I`m still waiting.

• daresbury1978
    daresbury1978 Community member Posts: 47 Contributor
    Options
    I have very little confidence in Liz Truss as Prime Minister but we must try to hang on to at least some hope as she is just one part of our (theoretically?) democratic governmental structure and processes. Don't just sit on the sidelines despairing! Get stuck in. Make sure your MP knows about and does something about your concerns. I agree with the Andy Burnham comment. Global Free Market Capitalism is in trouble. I was interested to hear the comment made during the programme "Dateline London" (Channel 231 on a Saturday morning) that the Labour Party  manifesto produced by Jeremy Corbyn and which was so disparaged by the Tories would be just the manifesto we now desperately need!
  • Cartini
    Options
    I do not rate either of them, I would rather have Boris bad as he was than Liz Truss. I am not holding my breath that she will prove me wrong.
    Completely agree.  I`d rather have "bumbling Boris" than either of them.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Options
    Wow @Cartini thats a very discriminate statement 

The male PM have done a better job in your opinion 

I was a senior manager in a very large company that made massive efforts to increase female presence in senior posts I find your comment quite offensive tbh 
  • Cartini
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Wow @Cartini thats a very discriminate statement 

The male PM have done a better job in your opinion 

I was a senior manager in a very large company that made massive efforts to increase female presence in senior posts I find your comment quite offensive tbh 
    No discrimination at all; a voiced opinion.
    My contempt for MPs is the same, whether they be male or female.  My comments are based on experience; in this context we were discussing a female MP.  Had it been Sunak instead of Truss, I would have voiced my contempt for him too.
    I fail to understand why my experience of a useless female manager is offensive.  There may well be good female managers out there, but on that point I can`t comment because I`ve only had one female manager and she is absolutely useless.

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,495 Championing
    Options
               I'm still trying to work out the "unruly parents" statement 
  • Cartini
    Options
               I'm still trying to work out the "unruly parents" statement 
    Thatcher banned punishment in schools; from that point forward society started to become lawless.  However, it`s not lawless just because of the punishment ban, it`s a combined result of the Tory habit of reducing the size of the emergency services, more importantly the police force, every time they take office.  The unruly parents was a generalisation to cover the parents who grew up with little, or no, discipline; this has been passed on to their children.