Any advice on contacting DWP? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any advice on contacting DWP?

Options
sandra2022
sandra2022 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello, my name is Sandra and I'm new to the community. 
I wondered if anyone has any tips for contacting DWP as I've tried a few times only to have the call cut out after going through all hoops just to get in the queue.  I'm trying to find out if I still need to send fit notes as after waiting 7 months I've been placed in the support group for esa. They didn't mention in their letter and their website says fit notes may still be required so I'm not sure whether I need to extend my current one?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The letter confirming atet you have been placed in the Support Group should state that you are no longer required to provide Fit Notes. If you want to speak to them you will have to ring the number on the letter.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Good morning @sandra2022. I see that calcotti has already replied to your question and I hope you manage to resolve things soon.

I would also like to welcome you to the online community. If you'd like to have a look at the rest of the forum, you can find all the latest conversations in our recent discussions category, all the different topics in our categories page, and you can meet and chat with other members over in our virtual coffee lounge too.

I hope you enjoy your time with us 

Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • sandra2022
    Options
    Thanks Calcotti :)
    As mentioned in my post, the letter didn't say and I've had no joy getting through on the phone. Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks Calcotti :)
    As mentioned in my post, the letter didn't say and I've had no joy getting through on the phone. Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.
    Ring as early in the day as possible. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sandra2022
    Options
    Hi Sue
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm not really one for social media but heard great things about Scope so thought I'd give it a try  :s
  • sandra2022
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2022
    Options
    It is really positive to hear you have heard great things about Scope @sandra2022.

Thanks for sharing that with us, it means a lot to us. How are you finding being on Scope's forum so far?

I hope you are enjoying your time with us but if we can do anything to help or make it even better please don't hesitate to let us know. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.