If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Bernadette1!

Bernadette1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello My daughter lives on her own in a Tiny flat ,her kitchen is no bigger than 2 foot wide and and I can take 2 steps into it that's it , she is living in absolute mess and pain the pressure off everything else on top with bills and she doesn't have a career as she has been beaten up before by some one so she doesn't trust anyone anymore! She pays out all her mobility and the social benefits it's gone soon as she gets it ! X
She needs to move, her bed is broken and her fridge freezer is broken she has asked the social security for help but they have said no !! So now she has no bed no fridge freezer so I can't make her meals as she cannot put them in the freezer as it doesn't work its a nightmare. 
She should not be living in this flat she has NO disability aquipment at all as it too small ,the flat is too small and it's so so horrible when I go and see her ,
No food and nothing, she can't shower herself either ,
She cannot make a cup of tea ,
I absolutely hate her being in this flat and she is on her own, she has NOTHING THERE! ITS NOT RIGHT FOR HER TO BE LIVING LIKE THIS IN THIS DAY AND AGE IT IS HONESTLY DISGUSTING, 
I feel so sorry for her she sleeps on the sofa , she won't even go out as she's just to Scarred now .
She needs her flat done up or she needs help VERY URGENTLY please help my daughter 🙏 xxx


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

    I'm sorry about your daughters situation 

    I would start by referring her for a care needs assessment you can do this on gov website 

    She will then be assessed by ot who will recommend any aids or adaptions and care needs and produce a report to send to required services 

    Is her flat social housing or private rent ? 

    Is she claiming all benefits she is entitled to check by using a benefits calculator found on gov website 

    Some organisations that maybe able to help are cab , welfare rights , shelter , social services 

    Hope you get some help 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,150 Disability Gamechanger
    She can refer herself for a needs assessment here. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/ Do be aware though that they maybe a waiting list for that assessment.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.