If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is KVB111!

Options
KVB111
KVB111 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi my name is Kevin and i have been suffering from an illness that has really floored me these last ten years and is literally taking over mine and my families lives.

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @kvb111 :) Thank you for joining us, it's great to have you on board! 

It sounds as though things have been quite challenging for you and your family lately. Would you feel comfortable sharing a little more about the illness you live with, or how it's been affecting you? 

We're a friendly bunch, with a range of life experiences, so I'm sure you'll fit right in here. If you have any questions about how to use the site, please just let us know. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • KVB111
    Options
    Hi Tori , yes I will talk about my illness and hopefully find someone in sane or similar.
    Basically a bad ulcer in the stomach which I tried to ignore and by the time I went to have Endoscopy, it was just too late. Had partial Gastrectomy and have had several more surgeries due to adhesions and bowell twists. Finally having rest of stomach removed in June because of Nutritional deficiencies and also having a feeding peg and now after 10 years from first surgery I have been slowly going downhill and I just couldn’t see it but they say the last person to see the issue is the person who it’s effecting 🥹
    It’s been several months since surgery and now I am going to require nutritional support for the rest of my life . 
    Suffering from depression and so anxious I just don’t want to speak to anyone or leave the house 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds like you've really been going through it @KVB111! I can see how this would affect yourself and your family. Are your family a good source of support for you? 

How are you feeling about needing nutritional support? Are you hopeful that it'll help you to feel better in the long run, even if you have to make some big life changes? It's not something I've been through myself, so I can't pretend to know how you're thinking or feeling. 

I'm sorry that this is affecting your mental health, too. Are you seeking any support for your mental health? It's just as important as looking after your physical health :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • KVB111
    Options
    Hi , my family (well my wife’s family) are the best they really are, I am still trying to get my head around it all to be honest it’s hard not going to lie, but head down get on with it , bless you for your kind words 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.