Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Volunteering for the British Heart Foundation
I am a Volunteer Manager for the British Heart Foundation, and I am supporting our clothing shops and furniture stores to increase their volunteering teams, in particular our Newport shop, this is one of the largest clothing stores we have in Wales and requires a large team to support them. Here at the BHF we have recently launched a recruitment portal called Myvolunteer. Applicants apply online which will notify the shop there is an application and they will in turn receive an email inviting them in for an informal interview. We have a variety of vacancies that will suit everyone, they are all on the portal. But you can’t beat the 121 personal touch, so if anyone is interested and would like to see the shop first, they are very welcome to go into the shop and inquire about volunteering. If any of your members know of or have young relatives, we can only accept 16yrs and over to volunteer for the BHF. It has been well documented that volunteering for all ages improves their mental health and overall wellbeing. Our volunteers donate their time for many reasons. For some, it’s a chance to support the local community, make new friends, remember a loved one or keep active. For others, it has been a great opportunity to develop new skills, grow in confidence or progress into paid job role. You can access our volunteering page via the web site - bhf.org.uk/volunteer.
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.8K Coffee lounge
- 89 Games lounge
- 474 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 227 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 797 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 650 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 373 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 820 Transport and travel
- 31.6K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 17K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 879 Chronic pain and pain management
- 179 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.3K Mental health and wellbeing
- 327 Sensory impairments
- 827 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.
We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.
Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.