Hi, my name is Kristylee72! Can't find paperwork on how to connect to my first video pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Kristylee72! Can't find paperwork on how to connect to my first video pip assessment

Options
Kristylee72
Kristylee72 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited November 2022 in Start here and say hello!
Hello I'm new and very anxious 

Comments

• Kristylee72
    Options
    I can't find paperwork on how to connect to my first video pip assessment, I'm appointment is in the morning, I'm really worried and scared I'm not going to be able to do it 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry, I only just spotted this @Kristylee72! Was your appointment this morning? Did you manage to join the video call?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Kristylee72
    Options
    Hi, thank you, I did in the end a friend brought her laptop and set it al up for me, it's over with now thank @Tori_Scope
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Ah, fantastic @Kristylee72 :) I'm glad your friend was able to help!

How did you find the assessment?

• Kristylee72
    Options
    @Tori_Scope, very nervous to start with because I have a lot of problems, tears and then more tears when it was over and because I hadn't slept last jight myself and Chester my kitten fell asleep, but the lady was very reassuring,  the questions were understandable and t wasn't anywhere near how I pictured it to be. Thank you 😊
  • Kristylee72
    Options
    @Teddybear12 thank you, I hope so, you too. 😊
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Kristylee72. It is the very least you deserve.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Kristylee72
    Options
    Thank you, @L_Volunteer, I'm very stressed because I know now what my condition means,  I have PBC a rare liver disease and there's no cure just medication to slow down the disease. 
  • Kristylee72
    Options
    Hello all, hope you are all well, I've not been too bad, my daughter goes to her dad's for a week and that leaves me very lonely,  I know I have friends that would be there for me but most of them are working,  I don't go on social media that much. 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @Kristylee72 is it this week your daughter has gone to stay at her Dad's darling.
    Don't forget you've got us and our games ha ha, that should help pass the time away and i find the group a great distraction, can you get out of the house much, do you have any hobbies ?
  • Kristylee72
    Options
    @SueHeath I'm waiting to have some injections into my spine,  then I've been diagnosed with PBC which is rare liver disease there's no cure for it, just started medication 3x250mg morning  and night, I get giggles from people because they  can't see it they think there's nothing wrong with me....I'm so depressed and I go dark for few days x
  • Kristylee72
    Options
    No I don't go out unless it's for hospital or drs
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm very jealous that you have a kitten @Kristylee72! How old is Chester? 

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced depression. Are you receiving any support to help you manage your depression, and get through those times when things go "dark"? 

• Kristylee72
    Options
    @Tori_Scope he's a long haired ginger and blonde tom, my eldest brought him for my 50th, I'm struggling because my electric is more money than I get in months, I've always feel like I've been depressed since I was a teenager to be honest, but there was always a label on you, now is so common, because my health isn't good you'd think my family, ask what's wrong or how can we help, I'm going through a divorce which is killing me inside, I  on crutches because of my back, I have so much going on  that's when the brain fog and anxiety step in. I hust don't know what to do anymore. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Kristylee72

He sounds like such a handsome boy. Love cats always had them growing up. Was going to get another but my brother wanted a dog and then he went off to university! So, she's now my shadow lol. 

I'm so sorry you are going through so much. Have you thought about reaching out to a Mental Health service like SHOUT? It's through text, its free, confidential and it may help you gather all your thoughts. We are always here too. If you just need to talk and vent :) 

Have you got good medical support for your PBC? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.