Hi, my name is Jaguar300! Has managed migration of legacy benefits stopped until 2028? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jaguar300! Has managed migration of legacy benefits stopped until 2028?

Options
2»

Comments

• Jaguar300
    Jaguar300 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    Thank you all for your positive posts.
    Myself was only focused on when I will be contacted by the DWP in reference to the next WCA.
    I was Placed in the SG in November 2018 for 18mths.
    My Review was due in May 2020.
    As I mentioned, because of the COVID-19, the DWP has/had a Backlog.

I will continue with what I am receiving until the DWP contact me in reference to another WCA and or UC.

I will become stressed out when this happens.

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Jaguar300. It is the very least you deserve.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I am sure your experiences will be invaluable to anyone experiencing anything similar. 

You mention that you will become stressed out when this happens. Is there anything, in particular, that might help this stress to feel more manageable for you when the time comes? 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to support you. We are all here for you and listening to you.

You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to. Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Jaguar300
    Options
    Many thanks for your reply.
    All previous WCA that was Face to Face stressed me out of attending one.
    As Maximus Stated....
    Its not the Condition/s itself, its how it Affects you on a Daily Basis.
    The only one's that know is the one's that live with it. (They Don't).
    As with the Migration of Legacy Benefits of ESA to UC being 2024 or 2028, this will not interfere with me being in the Support Group as I currently am, its just waiting to hear from them of when I will be Migrated.
    Its either 2024/2028.
    This Forum is here to Help each other.
    I will be back in order to ask for advice as soon as I need some.
    Bye for now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,880 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Jaguar300 said:

Its either 2024/2028.
    As advised, it's been pushed back to 2028, unless a change of circumstances prompts a move in the meantime.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jaguar300
    Options
    Poppy 123456.
    Many thanks again.
    I've decided to Plant what you said now and before in my mind.
    There's no point of me being Negative as this will Stress me out even more.
    As its only 26 days left as from tomorrow of this year, I will wait and see what the New Year will bring.
    Speak soon.
    Bye for now.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Jaguar300 said:
    As with the Migration of Legacy Benefits of ESA to UC being 2024 or 2028, this will not interfere with me being in the Support Group as I currently am, its just waiting to hear from them of when I will be Migrated.
    Its either 2024/2028.
    For ESA claimants it is 2028 unless they also receive Tax Credits According to the information in the Autumn Statement as already referred to and quoted by poppy earlier in the thread.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Jaguar300
    Options
    Thanks again Calcotti.
    As below is the section of the Autumn Statement related to the Migration of UC. 
    Its just this Last Part that throw's me off.
    *and this will not affect the managed migration of other legacy benefits onto UC*

5.15 Employment and Support Allowance: delay managed move - The government is pushing back the managed migration of claimants on income-related Employment and Support Allowance (with the exception of those receiving Child Tax Credit) to UC to 2028. Employment and Support Allowance claimants are still able to make a claim for UC if they believe that they will be better off, and this will not affect the managed migration of other legacy benefits onto UC.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,880 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Jaguar300 said:

Its just this Last Part that throw's me off.
    *and this will not affect the managed migration of other legacy benefits onto UC*

That simply means that those that are claiming either ESA and tax credits together,  Income Support, Income Related JSA/ tax credits or housing benefit, will be migrated anytime up to end of 2024.
    As advised several times those that are claiming Income Related ESA with or without housing benefit will not be migrated until at least 2028.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    edited December 2022
    Options
    To repeat again what has already been said. The reason that managed migration of ESA claimants has been delayed by 4 years is to save the government money because most claimants are expected to get higher amounts on UC. The expected saving to the government is about £1bn. (Of course claimants can still choose to switch if they are amongst those who would be better off in which case the government will save less.)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Jaguar300
    Options
    Many thanks again to you both, and to others.
    I have Decided to end posting for information about the Migration Process.
    I have been advised several times.
    To all.
    Enjoy your Christmas and New Year too.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You are welcome @Jaguar300. It is the very least you deserve. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you wish to talk about anything or need any further support with anything. 

Otherwise, I hope you enjoy your Christmas and New Year too  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • zane
    zane Community member Posts: 156 Courageous
    Options
    Hello i get esa and pip and housing benefit but no tax credit will my esa get stop by 2024 or is it 2028 . I’m not on new style esa or premium esa so can anyone give me an answer please to I can get repair 2023 😔😢 my rate esa 187 pounds a week 
  • calcotti
    Options
    zane said:
    Hello i get esa and pip and housing benefit but no tax credit will my esa get stop by 2024 or is it 2028 . I’m not on new style esa or premium esa so can anyone give me an answer please to I can get repair 2023 😔😢 my rate esa 187 pounds a week 
    Answered in your separate thread
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/100055/is-gov-start-axe-esa-next-year#latest

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.