Hi I'm new here... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm new here...

Ditsy
Ditsy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all, :)
my name is Ditsy, and like my name I can be Ditsy at times. I have a rare bone disease, a VP shunt, osteoarthritis,psoriasis in my hands, depression & type 2 Diabetes. My shunt is now over draining so I am awaiting to see Neurosurgeon team. I am Mum to 2 children with autism.
I got a letter from DWP on Saturday saying my request to review my PIP has also been declined & I have a month to decide if I want to go to Tribunal.
I just don't have it in me to fight anymore, I feel so ill & totally overwhelmed that just getting through the day is hard enough. I can't keep crying as it makes my head worse & this nausea is killing me. 
Anyway enough of my whinge, I just wanted to say hi & meet others living with disability. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ditsy welcome to the community

I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time, do you get much support?

If you are struggling with your mental health, then please do ask for support.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ditsy
    Hi, Thank you Sam, No, I don't get support although I am not sure what support there is? I do have my pain clinic appt end of the month & waiting for neurosurgeon appt coming up. Re my mental health, I don't know what to say or do anymore. I am utterly exhausted, everything I think,say, do or feel seems wrong. I need this headache & nausea to stop. Kindest regards
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Could you ask at your pain clinic or your consultant? If not, your GP is always a good place to start.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ditsy

Welcome to our website and online community I do hope that we can help you with your current situation ???

Please please don't worry about winging that's what we are all here for !!!!

Sorry to ask but have you got any family or friends that can help you ????

Are you able to see your GP for any help ????

Can you contact DWP about your PIP Tribunal  ????

Sorry for all of the questions !!!!

Please please let me know if I can help you further ???

• Ditsy
    Hi Steve,

How are you? Thank you so much for your kind response.
    My husband & my children help me more than words can say everyday. I have severe social anxiety & lost 2 of my dearest friends to cancer.
    My friends & family have gotten so fed up with me cancelling dates to meet up that we are pretty much isolated now.  

I know this sounds crazy, but honestly I don't know who or how to ask or what help to ask for... I feel so ill that I don't know what to say anymore my mind goes blank.  

Thats it I don't have it in me to go through a tribunal. I want to curl in a ball and.... not move, not go anywhere or say anything as the pain is so intense.

Please don't apologise for the questions, thank you for caring.

Please let me know too if there is anything I can do to help you in any way??

Take care 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ditsy

Thank you so much for your post it is very much appreciated indeed.

My body doesn't like this week very much the pain is shooting up and down my right hand side like crazy.

Mind you I have had a bad stomach for a few weeks, It's horrible no food or special coffees.

Yes my kids keep me going as well, please please let me know if I can help you 
    in anyway??

Yes your friend's seem to disappear with no trace at all.

Don't feel crazy about asking for help I'm very very happy to help you out if need be.

I'm sorry to hear about your Tribunal please let me know if I can help you with it I don't mind at all.

Many thanks.

Brightness