Me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Me

Options
petert
petert Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I'm partially sighted and I work full time I had 20/20 vision in one eye. This is first time I post here. I believe  and I can do attitude I can do anything I put my mind to write poems and short storys I work as I security officer

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hello and welcome Peter

You sound like an inspiration and I am sure that many members will will be inspired by you

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • petert
    Options
    Thank you CockneyRebel I had to help myself as I know if I do not have that will power no one can help me until I find it.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sometimes it is hard for people who don't know how to help themselves or where to turn. Perhaps you could share a little of how you manage to find your will power and this might help some of our members.
    Please get involved here as much as you are able, you will be a great asset to our on line family

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • petert
    Options
    My will power come from asking for help and taking that first step to fight my first life battle to tell a bit about my first battle  over alcohol I've been sober for 33 years now. So what are you summon the willpower help me stop drinking when I found out about 2005 that I was having I problems and cataracts the first cataract operation went wrong I had a retina detachment that was put right left me with no lens in my eye I love eye  that 2011 when I had my last cataracts operation which went very well but I started to get the poor me when I can I do this for about a month before my last operation I was blind for one month I realise that nobody could help me if I did not want to help myself and I have to work through that depression and the feeling pour me one of the ways I started to help myself I wrote a short story about my life in the merchant Navy when I Had to do other things to get out my depression reinvent myself some writing about story about my life  and getting out there trying to do things finding organisation to help me Thomas Pocklington trust was one of them and  The best thing was getting out there helping other disabled people my peers and doing things from yourself and then do things that other people return are  helping others people but showing up as what I can do and what they can do they put their mind to it that can-do attitude I think the best showing able-bodied people
    that I can do
    i've been told about by my managers at work and one of the good workers but the best for get up and do something
    what powers got the come from you I hope this may help somebody
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @petert

"WOW" what a star you are !!!!!!!!!!!

You would put most people to shame in this country !!!!

Keep up the good work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @petert welcome to the community, would you like to share any of your poetry?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • petert
    Options
     To be partially sighted, like being out in the sunlight, will someone shine a light in your eyes at  night,holding back when someone comes on your blind side, not seeing something in your blind spot,looking like a fool because you are wearing your anti-glare and  it's winter,of thinking you can see better from someone fully sighted, doing that bit harder  because you have to, not standing out, just being you 

Brightness