Hi, my name is Herman! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Herman!

Options
Herman
Herman Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Comments

• Herman
    Herman Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    could someone advice me please my dsughter has mild learning dissabilities and her benifit was stopped a few months ago after she went for a meeting she was asked could she maimtain her own hygene could she cook and they asked her simple maths questions i tried to explaine that she struggles with some understsnding and that she is just below the boarder line of being partialy sighted and that she was statemented for special needs at primary school amd went to special school she later went back into mainstrem school who catered for special needs she know has 2 beautiful children amd is doing a brilliant job but i was woundering if she could still appeal thank you
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Herman and welcome

Is this for PIP ?

Normally the first stage to appealing a decision is to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and this should be done within one month of the date of the decision letter unless you can show good reason why it is late.

The next stage is to appeal to an independant tribunal.

There is lots of info on this site about the process, please have a read and come back with any questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Herman

It’s great to meet you this morning!!!!

I’m very sorry to hear that you are having to go through the “pip” process to get your benefits!!!!!

I have attached some info below for you:

https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/benefits-and-finances

Please let me know if I can help you further with this???

Brightness