International Volunteer Day - celebrating our wonderful community champions and advisors — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

International Volunteer Day - celebrating our wonderful community champions and advisors

Options
Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2017 in Coffee lounge

International Volunteer Day (IVD) is held each year on 5 December and is the great chance for us to celebrate the efforts of our wonderful online community volunteers.  We have 15 community champions who share their time and experience to support us all here on the community and we have 18 advisors, some of them are Scope staff and some are volunteers who share their expertise and help us all so much

2017 Theme: Volunteers Act First. Here. Everywhere.

IVD 2017’s theme #VolunteersActFirst. Here. Everywhere. recognizes the contributions of volunteers as first responders in times of crisis. Volunteers are present, all around us, answering calls in times of need, helping save lives today, and supporting those who want to continue living their lives with dignity tomorrow.  This year, IVD promotes the contributions of such volunteers at the local, national and international level.

Thank you to our community champions: @Jgeek @Blue Frog @htlcy @speedincaesar @mossycow @Stayce @iza @CaderMac @Geoark @gnmeads @steve51 @Roland @BeccaShark123 @CockneyRebel and @MJDean

Also thanks to our advisors @PSHEexpert @ParentingAdvisor @VickiKirwin @VioletFenn @simonsable @KirstenNutritionAdvisor @RebeccaMHadvisor @melaniethorley @NicolaLatheySLT and Scope staff members @Jean_Scope @Debbie_Scope @pia_scope @Zaid_Scope @Donisha_scope @rian_scope @mwila_scope @IndependentSupportServices @Ryan_Assistive and @Andy_Assistive

If you are interested in getting involved with the community and volunteering then please get in touch at community@scope.org.uk 

Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Options
    Awww thank you @CockneyRebel !!!

I am lucky to have the best team around me, @Alex and @PippaScope are pretty awesome too!
    Scope
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Sam and all members, 
    Thank you very much for celebrating the IVD. 
    Thanks you for seeing all our effort of supporting others. 
    Have all fantastic big day. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options
    That is so lovely @mossycow <3

Thank you @iza for the comments!
    Scope
  • Chaoskay
    Chaoskay Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Options
    I do love how strong the community spirit is on here.  It's inspiring and lovely to see people investing so much time and effort into supporting each other. 
    However life plays out, I do hope I can help contribute to the amazing work that you are doing here.  
    I only recently found out about this site via a friend, but would love to be involved more on a voluntary basis at the very least.  

• Sam_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @Chaoskay do you want to email me on community@scope.org.uk and I can give you more information about how you can volunteer on the community?
    Scope
  • Chaoskay
    Chaoskay Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Options
  • Sam_Alumni
    Options
    I look forward to hearing from you @Chaoskay :)
    Scope

Brightness