Hi, my name is Dawn68! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dawn68!

Options
Dawn68
Dawn68 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I'm 49 I have bipolar disorder plus other medical problems. I'm a mother of 4 and nana of 7. My youngest child is 21 years old and has cerebral palsy plus other problems resulting from him being born 15 weeks early. I'm his main carer  

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Dawn68 and welcome to the community.

If there is something we can help you with please let  us know. How are your plans for Christmas going?

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dawn68. Just joining @Geoark in bidding you welcome to the community. Much respect to you for coping with CP for 21 years! That has to have been tough. I was main carer for my late daughter, Jenny, until she passed away in 1991 at the age of 4 and a half years, and I will never forget how hard that was or how much we feared (pointlessly, as it turned out) how we would cope as she grew older. One just gets on with it, of course, but I know how hard it can be.
    Glad to have you here. Don't hesitate to ask, and know that there will be someone listening.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Dawn68
    Options
    Thank you Richard xx
  • Dawn68
    Options
    Geoark said:
    Hello @Dawn68 and welcome to the community.

If there is something we can help you with please let  us know. How are your plans for Christmas going?
    My plans for Christmas are on track so far my husband and I have a pile of presents to open for our 3 older daughters and their partners,our son and our 7 grandchildren.
    I have 2 corned beef pies to make for christmas day. We don't have a big christmas dinner,we just have a cold buffet and the family just pop round.
    My son and I will be at the stables 1st thing on christmas morning as he has a large horse on loan.
    I hope everyone has a lovely christmas xx
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dawn68

Good morning & welcome to you today.

I hope that you have a great Xmas???

Please please have a good around & please let me know if I can help/support you????

Heres some info for you, please let me know if I can help you further???

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/families-hub

Brightness