DLA to PIP — Scope | Disability forum


Henry Member Posts: 64 Courageous
edited January 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Switching  from   long term   dla  to  pip.i have both high rate mobility & Carr allowance awarded indifinity. 
How do I form  fill. ?   I am  now  66 yrs coming ! 


  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,212 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Henry and welcome

    It is important to understand that DLA and PIP use very diffferent criteria.
    Also that at this assessment your mobility award will be set going forward as long as you meet the criteria. If you accept less than the enhanced rate it can never be increased
    A good starting place is the B&W self test


    There is also lots of info on here so please have a look and come back with any questions


    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Henry, and welcome! You might also like to check out this resource on filling in your PIP form, and as CR says, do let us know if you need any support or guidance.
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Pippa.   I am unable to  cook any meals at all due to my disabilities. 
    Where on the pip application form do I tick it to let the DWP    know?

    Secondly.  I  have read up on the carers  part of the form.
    However.  I  cannot find any info for mobility  part  to show me how to complete the form.  Help needed.
    Thank you. 


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.