Help — Scope | Disability forum


rachel1988 Member Posts: 14 Listener
I have found out today that I have been placed in the work related activity group,this is a shock to me as when I had my home assessment the gentleman seemed understanding,I explained how things affect my life and my agoraphobia affects me,he even said I have true agoraphobia and that what I have is rare so I assumed he would write this in the report,if he has I don’t understand why I would be plaaced in this group,I am now waiting for a copy if his report so I can do a mandatory reconsideration,I can’t leave my house,how am I expected to attend anything? I don’t know what to do,say,it’s scaring me I can’t attemd these things yet if I don’t I lose my money 


  • debkenzo
    debkenzo Member Posts: 110 Pioneering
    Hello Rachel
    My name is Debbie, welcome to the forum.
    I am truly sad and sorry to hear what has happened to you.  It is of no surprise to hear yet again this kind of story and that what occurs at an assessment is not what gets written in the assessment report.  I urge you to go through your medical assessment report to find any inconsistencies, inaccuracies and any lies!  Not that this would change their decision but it can help you if you were to pursue your case to a tribunal hearing appeal.  Could you get a doctors Fit For Work Note to explain about your condition?    Forward this immediately to DWP and keep yourself copies of every correspondence.  I am sure other people on this forum will have plenty more important and useful advice for you.  
    I wish you all the best
    Debbie :)
  • rachel1988
    rachel1988 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    I have emailed my local MP,I will be ringing my doctor asking to write me a letter 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,799 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rachel1988, so sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like you've done all the right things so far- do keep us updated and we'll do what we can to help. You may also like to check out our guidance on appealing DWP decisions.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.