Hi, my name is Njb! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Njb!

Njb
Njb Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have fibromyalgia, severe osteoarthritis especially in my ankle, major depression, wanted to return to work as a health professional but my ill health plus dyslexia and probable adhd makes it very difficult.  Sick of my life and got rejected for pip a while ago.  

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Njb
    Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are having such a rough time.

Did you appeal the PIP decision?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Njb
    Didn't think there was much point, i have new information now, disillusioned with the whole process really

• Njb
    Had to have a prolonged vreak and possible withdrawal from return to nursing course due to my ill health and disabilitiex and bullying.  Don't know what to do with my life now

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Many decisions that go to appeal do get changed so it is always worth appealing.  Im sorry you are feeling so disillusioned by it all.  We understand that it can be a difficult and stressful time.

How can we help?

We have an employment advisor who may be able to offer some support and also mental health and chronic pain categories that you might like to look through.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Njb and welcome to the community. I'm glad you have found us, but I am troubled to hear you sounding so very low. A great many of us here know what that feeling is like - a great many - so you are very much among friends here.
    @Sam_Scope has given you some useful links already, so please try to have a look at them, but if you want to begin by chatting or even ranting about your circumstances, we're here and we're listening.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

Brightness