What question would you ask your MP to make your Disabilty stress free - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What question would you ask your MP to make your Disabilty stress free

Comments

• freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    MP,s are not bothered until its election time then they promise the earth but nvr deliver 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 18 Listener
    the people in politics are the people who shouldn't Be in politics and the people who should be in politics are the ones who are not in politics
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    True but the ones in politics are the ones who are corrupt the good guys are left behind
  • GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    If you need anything done that is the best time to ask your MP you can go by that you will get it done quick. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello I would like to say a few words or more about MP's.  I agree they seem to have their own agenda, that is true.  Yet what many people do not realise the Government and the laws are put into place by extremely, hard working MP's.  Who many do not come from privileged back grounds.

Who work long hours well in to night and early morning.  A lot of them are also women more than ever in Parliament with young children.  Until you have I like have done many times.  Been to Parliament lobbying and involved in looking at disability.  How the country is run by going to PMQ's which you can do so  I have a genuine interest in political issues.  Especially around disability and the welfare system.

I am not defending the actions of the Government what they have done.  To this community of ours.  The way we are treated. It is all wrong, we have a voice and that needs to raised when we vote.

A lot of MP's do not have any idea of disability or illness unless they have come across it in their own personal lives.  I am also amazed by the lack of education, knowledge a lot of MP's have about our community.

Please can I tell you that my interest began in politics because of a member of my family was a local councillor.  I never voted for her because she had us all ingrained with the ideals of her party.

Which turned me off, then I realised the true meaning of what politics and how things are run.  Coming home to see the local MP in our front lounge.  Him the opposition to my Mothers party.

Over tea and sandwiches cake and the pleasantries I asked I thought you disliked each other.  No not really we have to work together called Cross Party Support.

This happens now all party committee on everything government says or do.

I just thought I would explain about Government if you do not mind.

In my own opinion this is my view.  I am being cynical.  MP stands for More Power or More Pay.  Some do think that is what the position is .  Believe me I have met them.

In my previous employment as in Government positions agencies and the rest mainly placements.  The lower ministers come up to visit.  Totally unaware of the North and the situation then about twenty years ago.  They have no idea many ministers are not local never been up here.  As one quoted to the senior manager kept going on about it.  Very green lots of fresh air.  Many still do not understand the North.

The situation has changed but all MP's may I say have surgeries in their local office  so if you have an issue they will duly listen.  They have  I know many of them do have concern especially if your MP like mine is a Labour MP.  The issues surrounding ESA and PIP plus anything else.  I have read quite a few posts where our community have contacted their MP's.  Got a reply.

Thank you every body 
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Hello Victoriad anyone who applies for work have an application form which states of any health condition in the last ****** Anyone who as proven by the hospital and GP that you can go back work on non pressure light jobs you have rights. If the person is unpredictable they would not be fit for work. This depends on the persons situation with some certain conditions and medication these all are put into consideration.  Employers have different application 6 months, 12, 2yrs etc.
     Police records are kept on file which employees can find this out with out problem if they have committed a long term sentence. The law changed to tighten after a certain incidents had been was employed but had a criminal record this caused shorten lives of patients. You can not have offenders of this crime going back into a similar job the other side of the country. This takes away medical licence. This also applies for different crimes that if it is related or similar they would not be employed. It is a very complex issued question but the employees have the answers if check outs are carried out.       
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    i had a total breakdown in 1995 went to 7stone could not speak as the brain was dead  on my letter for pips doc has put chronic  depression since 1995 but i take nothing ?tablet wise  i just get angry which i find easier and people keep away
  • maid08
    and yes i would employ you  why not  you aint running round with an axe
    ???yet??

• [Deleted User]
  • maid08
    good on you those who have not been down the road of total  mental loss cant understand nor could they 3 months in hospital  gave me hideing space  then one day sat crying in corner another person called bill sat no life complete lost to life needed a shave i loked and asked nurse for razor hahaha   but exsplaint he neeeded shave so got one shaved him  then sat back down  stareing at him thinking at last  what the hell am i sat here grizzling for i could be like him  that day on was my recovery  am i strong nope  all my life i have fought but my brain gave up and said enough  at this moment im angry i can be treated as nothing  and will fight will i win prob not but i will not sit and allow myself to be put back to that time hence no tablets  and no crying its time others learnt we are ill we did not ask to be and if cash is their drive  then they will learn when life gives them illness  
  • [Deleted User]
  • maid08
    thanks axe girl  will be on phone in morning while doing my ofice job emailing capita dwp councle mp  house lords judge judy old kyle  see were it gets me  ohhh bye the way i got a dangly so im male hahaha

• [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness