Hi, my name is kimbenson21! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kimbenson21!

Options
kimbenson21
kimbenson21 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hi, im new to this site, so don't know how it works.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Kim (I'm guessing  :) ) @kimbenson21, and welcome to the community.

How the site works...

Okay. We are a community connected by disability and a community of friends. Our members have experienced or are experiencing disabilities, often directly themselves, sometimes as parents or friends. We have needs. It may be that we're on benefit and struggling with new benefit rules, it may be that we're trying to bring up children with any of a range of disabilities, it may be that we're feeling lonely and need to know we're not alone, it may be that we are in an extreme of pain, suffering ourselves or watching loved ones suffer.

The community seeks to meet those needs. In the many forums we have, we talk to each other, share our experiences, set out to boost each others morale, and we have, through Scope, great resources to share on things like education, benefits disability aids and what have you.

To direct you more easily to what might be of most use to you, it would be useful to know more about you and about what you might be looking for. If it is out there we will help you find it. And this is a safe place, where every member is among friends, so you're free to tell us or ask us anything you wish to.

Hope that helps? I look forward to getting to know you better, and finding ways that we can be of use to you.
    Very warmest best wishes,
    Richard

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kimbenson21, and welcome! Richard's given you a great intro above, but do let us know if we can be of any assistance. Happy to help!
  • kimbenson21
    kimbenson21 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Options
    Hi Pippascope,

I would like some help.

I live in housing association and a couple of years ago I had a occupational therapist visit to assess my needs. One of them was I need a walk-in-shower, but she added that as we were looking to downsize (because of the bedroom tax) this wasn't required at the time. When I spoke to the housing association they have lost the report that the occupational therapist wrote.
    I was told that I needed to get a letter from my G.P asking them to re-asses me. When I asked my G.P he said that I would be better off asking social services to assess me and send to my housing association.
    I don' know what to do or how to ask social services as I have never had any dealings with them.
    Sorry this is so long but I don' know what to do for the best.
    Thank you.

Brightness