Hi, my name is Suziblu2! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Suziblu2!

Options
Suziblu2
Suziblu2 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Thank you for allowing me to join.  My brother suffered a life changing stroke 18 months ago in his prime.  Since then  it has really upset me that small things us able bodied people take forgranted are nigh on impossible tasks for someone with a physical disability. My handsome brother cannot even get his coat on and off, and has to stay in it all day, until his carers call in the evening

Comments

• Suziblu2
    Options
    I should add I live in Kent, and our elderly parents live in Cardiff, and my brother lives outside Scarborough
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Suziblu2, and a warm welcome to the community. Very glad to have you with us.
    I now live in Surrey but spent most of my childhood holidays in Scarborough, and have a great deal of affection for the town.
    I am very sorry to hear of your brother's stroke, and understand something of what you are feeling. And you'll find I'm not alone in that; you'll find many here who share something of your experience and will sympathise. For what it is worth, you have found a safe place here and are among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. If you check out the forums in the links lower down the screen, you will find others to talk to, and if there is any help you need, you have only to let us know and we will do our best.
    Warmest best wishes to you and to your brother,
    Richard

• Suziblu2
    Options

Brightness