Hi, my name is teresa50! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is teresa50!

Options
teresa50
teresa50 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hello everybody

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @teresa50

Welcome to the community, do you want to tell us a bit more about yourself?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @teresa50

Welcome! :)

How are you?

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @teresa50, and welcome
    I always say this to newcomers: you have found a safe place here and are among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. The better we get to know each other, the easier we may find ways to be of use to you.
    Looking forward to hearing more about you and getting to know you,
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • teresa50
    Options
    I'm Teresa aged 50 I have 3 wonderful children my son Christopher. is 27 nearly 28, Molly is 19, and Imogen is 15 nearly 16.
    im disabled can' walk that far have to rely on my kids to push me in my wheelchair.
    I don' get mý esa and pip but pip wont give me the mobility they at I'm not entitled to it.
    I've had 3 hip replacements 1 on my left 7 years ago which is ok and last year I had 1 in February which kept popping out 6 times then had another may the 9th and now that is started popping out half way I'm in constant pain I got my Dr on the case again I also have 2 slippe discs in my lower back which hurts like mad and I suffer from depression so life is a struggle at the moment 
  • JennysDad
    Options
    Hi Teresa, @teresa50, and thank you for replying.
    :smile: I have a son called Christopher, too, who is also 27.
    I am very sorry to read about your pain, Teresa, and disappointed, but not surprised, to discover that PIP has proved a problem for you. It happens so very, very often.
    Can I ask if you have appealed your PIP decision? We have experts on here who could look at your situation and we have the resources to back them up if they would be useful. Just let me know if you would like to know more.
    Depression has become a major health issue in this country, and it seems that PIP assessors are doing their own special little bit to make it even worse. But an awful lot of appeals are going through successfully. I think the people behind the changes are beginning to realize just how badly wrong they've got things.
    This is a link to our list of categories/forums, so you could have a look through it and see if anything interests you, https://community.scope.org.uk/categories. You'll find others to talk to, and you're welcome to continue to talk to me. Depression and I have lived together for over 60 years now, so I know a bit  :)
    I'm here, and listening,
    How can I help you best?
    Warmest best wishes to you and your family,
    Richard

• teresa50
    Options
    hi Richard I've been to citizens advice about pip and was. esa stopped my money last year for no parent reason and I tried to take my own life but got through it went to citizens advice they helped alot with my was it went to the tribunal and I won my case but pip are not nudging at all they gave me 4 points for mobility no idea why as went to the meeting in a taxi then had to use my wheelchair and my youngest came with me aswell but they just don' listen to what I say as the things I said wasn' put in there report its redicolous.
  • JennysDad
    Options
    hello Teresa, @teresa50, and thank you for replying.
    I think we need our best PIP people here to take a look at this, and they will probably be in touch in the near future. They can advise far better than I can.
    For now I'll be here listening and watching. Don't hesitate to be in touch if you just want to chat or if you have further questions.
    Here and listening, because you matter,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

Brightness