Hi, my name is jonviper123! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jonviper123!

jonviper123
jonviper123 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have been fighting heart disease for 12 years .after another 3 stays in hospital I have now reached 10 heart attacks I wake up in pain every day and look after my partner who is disabled I can't afford to take a break as we live on the breadline I am losing the will to go on but I have 4 kids and 4grandkids who rely on me like many I am one of the forgotten

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jonviper123
    Welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear about your health struggles.  There are many members here who feel that they are isolated and forgotten and the good thing about the community is that we can bring people together to share experiences and make friends.

Though times can be so tough, as you say, you have your family around you and you need to be here for them, if times get tough then you could consider speaking to the Samaritans about your mental health, they are there to listen and can be really helpful, you can call them on 116 123.  There is also lots of information on the MIND website.

Are you claiming all the benefits that you are entitled to? It is worth taking a look at the benefits calculator to check.

Join in on the community, a good place to start is the recent discussions where you can find all the latest posts.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Not forgotten by us, @jonviper123, believe me. We're here for you and listening, wanting to help you and yours in any way that we can.
    Here you matter.
    Warmest greetings to you
    Richard

Brightness