Hi, my name is seniorc! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is seniorc!

seniorc
seniorc Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi. I've just joined this group. Iam Colin. I struggle with physical and mental disability. I struggle at times.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @seniorc
    Welcome to the community! 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @seniorc

Welcome! :)

Sorry to read that you struggle with your disablties We are all here for you to offer support and advice :) We help any way that we possibly can :)

Hope to speak again soon :)

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Colin @seniorc and welcome to the community.
    Linked together by disability, I think pretty much everyone here has struggled at some point, or is struggling still, so you are not, not alone :smile:
    You are safe among friends here, do don't be shy of telling us about yourself, your condition/s or of asking us any questions.
    We're here for you, Colin, and listening.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @seniorc

Good Evening & Welcome to our community.

It’s great to meet this evening!!!!!!

Yes you will find many many members who are in the same boat (SHIP)
  • seniorc
    Thanks everyone for your kind welcome. 
  • seniorc
    edited February 2018
    What on earth is the badge thing about. Are we at school. I can' believe it
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @seniorc

As a community user you can earn badges for doing or achieving certain things, such as making a certain number of comments, being on the community for a year or more, or receiving a certain number of ‘likes’.

These badges also reward you with a certain number of points, which in turn allow you to progress through the various ‘ranks’ of community membership, which are as follows: Listener, Whisperer, Talkative, Chatterbox and Brian Blessed.

Badges and ranks are intended as a fun way of showing how much members contribute to the community. Once you reach the level of ‘Whisperer’ (25 point), the ability to send private messages is also enabled. You can view your current rank on your profile page, next to your username, and your current number of points can be found in the ‘About’ section of your profile. Over on the right hand side (or at the bottom of the screen on a mobile device), you can also view the badges you have earned.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @seniorc.
    It's important to remember that we're not all the same :smile: The members of our community come from very varied backgrounds and each is unique. Now, I couldn't tell you off hand at this moment what badges/ranks or other things I have, because I am here, doing what I want to do, meeting some very wonderful people and having my perspectives shifted, sometimes almost volcanically. But if the badges encourage even one person to be here who otherwise might not choose to do so, they're fine by me.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

Brightness