PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

pip medical assessor lied feel so ashamed now

misstraceymisstracey Member Posts: 74 Pioneering
i am new to this do not know where really to start.i have been on esa for 5 years i made a claim for pip on 31st oct 2017 i had  f2f assessment on the 5th of december 2017 i have various illness including depression and anxiety and copd  and disease related sciatica . i was granted a home assessment due to the serverness  of my condition the lady turned up 20 minutes late no phone call or nothing my 24 year old son answered the door showed her in she went through all the questions for my pip form which i gave he all the same answers my son explained he done the cooking as i am a danger to my self and others as due to my illness i have scalded my self with the kettle set the kitchen on fire due to forgetfulness  i do not go out on my on without my son and then its to the hospital or doctors i im pretty much a mess at the minute .i have been reading up about the pip assessments and was quite shocked i read to get the medical report i phoned up dwp a week after the assessment  they  had it 4 days after it was done i was sent a copy  friday 15th december 2017 .when i started to read it i thought it was someone else to be honest i could not believed the lies .she had put i can walk 200 mtrs even though i never moved off the chair i have trouble getting up the stairs she said i cook for my self even though my son told her he done the cooking due to the risk of harm .she said i can drive and go out and plan a journey on my own even though i have not driven for  donkeys years i can walk to the car i explained to her but im out of breath .she said i stood on on one leg after the other which i did not. she said i got up walked into the kitchen and back again crouched down and got back up again which is total fabrication  i explained about my illness i broke down in tears due to something what happened to me when i was younger .she said is that because you was on drugs omfg i could not believe it ive never took drugs in my life which i was absolutely devastated that she thought i was a drug addict then she told me their is no help for depressed people and there will not be i could wait for the woman to get my home which i trusted her in i felt shamed and humiliated
i would not of bothered claiming if i knew i had to go through this i would of just carried on struggling  she was rather uncomfortable around my son  as he should not of been their ,i have not yet had the decision but the way the medical looked its a no .i do not know what to do i am frightened and petrified now as as what to do any advice is very much appreciated at this distressing time thanxs

Replies

• misstraceymisstracey Member Posts: 74 Pioneering
    thank you yes i sought medical help thankyou every so much for reply xx
  • steve51steve51 Community champion Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @misstracey

“Good Afternoon”

A very very big welcome!!!!!

I’m very sorry to hear that you are also going through this “Nightmare”

Please please don’t feel alone anymore!!!!!!!!!!

We have got many many members in similar situations as you.

They are all at different stages so you may find looking through there post very very useful??????

We have also got a number of “Benefit Advisors” who would be more than happy in helping you.

There is also “Lots” off info for you to browse through a your leasure !!!!!!

Please please let me know how you feel ?????
  • GeoarkGeoark Community champion, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,366 Disability Gamechanger
    @misstracey In which case it is likely that there would be a record of this. 
    While it is unclear how the advice will be applied it clearly  shows that there is a higher risk of harm to yourself or others, of which the consequesnces could be very serious and this should be considered when considering the point awarded.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• CockneyRebelCockneyRebel Member Posts: 5,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi misstracey

There are two courses of  action for you to take

First, when you receive your decision letter you must request an MR within a month of the date of the letter. If you have any further evidence GP's supporting letter or testimonials from friends or family that know you well now is the time to submit them. While it is important to address the issue with the report, that will not score you any points. You should concentrate on showing that you meet the criteria for an award. If you haven't done so yet take a look at the B&W self test for an idea about the points system, descriptors and the criteria for an award.

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

The second thing to do is make a complaint about the assessor to the assessment provider. Although you can say in your MR that you are lodging a complaint the two things are separate issues. The dwp decision maker has no medical knowledge so relys on the report to make the decision. In no way am I supporting the DWP but the problem lies with the AP. Making a complaint will have no adverse affect on your claim and may help in getting the system changed.

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
    thankyou i shall do x
    thankyou looks like a long road ahead to be honest i havent got pip at the moment so i have nothing to lose after letting someone in my home and they lied im not going to let them get away with it i will wait for the letter and go from there thanxs everyone x
    Hi @misstracey

Please please let us know how things are going if you don’t mind????
    i will i will keep everyone updated thanxs for comments does not make me feel alone x
    Hi @misstracey

“You will never be alone”
  • Sam_AlumniSam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,731 Disability Gamechanger
    @misstracey
    Welcome to the community Sorry to hear you’ve had such a tough time. I hope it helps to chat with our members :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Annabelle26Annabelle26 Member Posts: 103 Pioneering
    misstracey you are not alone.  After claiming DLA for years I was asked to apply for PIP.  Having been disabled since birth & have got several other problems both physical and mental.  i went for a face to face examination, was there 20 minutes & in the report the Assessor found nothing wrong with me.   As with you I supposed to have done various things during the assessment & talked about things which were never even bought up.  The report was complete rubbish.  I have done a mandatory review and am waiting the results of it.  I have also put in a complaint to the firm doing the assessment.  If you want the money it seems you have to fight for it.  If you feel strong enough and have  physical support go through the procedure to get the money you are entitled.  There are experts on the site which will give you the help you need to fight.
  • wildlifewildlife Member Posts: 1,314 Pioneering
    @misstracey Like the others have said you are not alone in having lies written about you. It is nothing you need to take personally. Even the comment about drug use which was well out of order and should be part of your complaint about the assessor. However apart from this comment made by the assessor try to make it more about the report as that can be seen and when compared with your medical evidence the lies can be proved. ATOS, if that's who assessed you, make the excuse that what is said and done in the assessment can't be proved but what the assessor wrote afterwards can be seen by anyone who is investigating your complaint. You could also let your MP know how you've been treated. You may get help with getting your complaint recognized. But concentrate on getting your PIP claim turned around at Mandatory Reconsideration. That's after you receive your award letter. Try not to get too upset use how you feel to give you the strength to fight for what you're entitled to. Good luck and keep us up to date... 
    thank you ever so much in my hours of need with advice from members of scope gave me strength to  contact capita who done assessment  and told them about amanda williams who fabricated  27 times in the assessment and also didnt know what medication was  and what it was for and statements which was wrongly made was put on hold and then a manager came on line to speak to me and she has recorded it as a complaint and is now investigating .still not got my decision yet but was told if failed to contact dwp and tell them about the complaint as well thanxs ever so much x

• MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2017
    @misstracey

Tribunals, if you have to go that far, know that most assessors tell blatant lies.  A tribunal will reassess you fairly as they are impartial, not there to follow the DWP agenda of failing as many people as possible.
    hiya everybody i had my letter today off dwp and scored 0 on everything  so there is nothing wrong with me in their eyes and i can do everything  i will be phoning up tomorrow for a reconsideration see how that goes just want to keep everyone updated thanxs x
  • kevin888kevin888 Member Posts: 53 Courageous
    It is amazing the so called Health Professionals can tell a person can do things safely etc and give Zero points as I had. Had to go through MR etc and awarded 33 points at Tribunal. It is a long and sometimes frustrating process to get to Tribunal but worth it when you leave the court   smiling. :) ( Took me 10 months from Assessment ( Capita) to Tribunal. Don't give up!
  • MatildaMatilda Member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    @misstracey

There is a Mandatory Reconsideration letter tool which will generate a letter for you. http://www.advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool 

thanxs everybody and thanxs Matilda ill take a look x
    hiya everybody i hope all had a nice xmas im about to write my mandatory reconsideration letter with the help from the tool from  Matilda i phoned up dwp just before xmas told them about  the fabrications in the report they said to write in within 1 month still very angry and upset over the whole thing but im getting there just thought id keep all updated  i wish everyone a happy new year when it comes and i will keep all posted thanxs xx
  • RosiesmumRosiesmum Member Posts: 76 Connected

Good luck @misstracey there have been some recent reports on here of decisions being changed,it is worth asking them to look again.

hiya just to inform you i have sent off my  mandatory consideration letter to the dwp recorded the postman has just been and now they have ask me to fill in a questionnaire for capability to work for esa now. now i am very confused please could i get some advise whats happening thanxs
    Hi misstracey and happy new year

ESA can be reviewed at any time . ESA and PIP are separate benefits and although they seem similar they have different criteria.
    Which ESA group are you currently in ?

CR
    My ESA is reviewed every year or 2. ESA is based on what you can't do but pip is what you can do. Very confusing at times? I think the 2 are different parts of the DWP, letters are from different parts of country. So treat each one as a seperate DWP department. 
    ok thank you  very much bit overwhelming at minute but im sure ill get there ill keep everyone posted 
    im in support group CockneyRebel 
    Being in the support group is the first requirement to maybe not needing a further assessment if you meet certain other criteria.

There are guidelines for severe conditions that may qualify

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/sites/default/files/pdf/Severeconditionsguidance.pdf

For anyone thinking this may apply you will need to have an assessment and will then be notified of this on your decision letter.

CR

oh ok thanxs alot 
    edited January 2018
    hiya everybody i had a letter of capita today about the complaint i made about the conduct of woman who done my pip assessment and what she had written and said .they basically have said they do not dispute what i have said but if i can provide evidence they can look into it further how can i prove what she said and wand the things she said i done  my son was present throughout only left the when discussing some of the things whats happened to me my son enclosed a letter stating all of this too so im very confused what to do now .oh and she has  no mental health qualifications only 5 week training on mental health and she is a midwife no qualifications on any of my health issues atall any advise thanxs
    and also i have not heard anything about my MR yet and its been 2 weeks also i have been put on double the dose of medication now for my anxiety and depression and also yet another inhaler so more medication 
    Morning everybody well the dreaded brown envelope dropped on the mat this morning yes my MR for pip. 0 points for everything . After joining scope at the start of this journey i had to try to come to terms that if its a no i will not be in such a state as i was last time after the bad report and lies off the pip woman.So i was expecting outright no so looks like as many others on scope off to appeal. Could anyone give me some advise on how to write a appeal letter please thank you and because of scope i am not as bad as last time and keeping positive thank you xx
    Hi misstracey

First is to submit an SSCS1 form with basic reasons for your appeal
    the DWP will prepare their case and send you a copy
    When you receive it check that it contains all the evidence and then use it to make your own submission

CR
    thank you  CockneyRebel where do i get a SSCS1 form from
    thank you ever so much CockneyRebel xx
  • sleepy1sleepy1 Member Posts: 299 Pioneering
    misstracey

Sorry to hear you did not get a good decision, I know how you must be feeling as I have been to hell and back with these assessments and astonished at some of the blatant lies many of these so called professional's tell.  In my opinion they should be held to account in the courts for the undue stress they cause so many disabled people.  Even having someone with you as a witness seems to count for nothing in the eyes of the DWP.......Law unto themselves.

After much humming and haring what to put in my appeal that I sent off just a few days ago this is what I wrote. (kept it in the little box provided)

1) I received miss-leading information from the independent assessment services and DWP.

2) Unreasonable time was not given to organize help for me to attend the assessment.

3) DWP have ignored all other medical information and based their decision purely on the fact I was unable to attend the assessment for which I had good reason.

4) This was not a new claim for PIP as DWP are implying, it was an award review.

Everyone's appeal will of course be different and I could have added a whole lot more, but as CR says keep it basic.  Just get it done and sent off is the main thing for now you can always add extra information as and when.

Best wishes x Rosie

HI i filled in the box my medical case in summary form. after you send this , You need to send a copy of the MR which should have come with the MR decision letter. After that the "bundle" arrives this is a copy of all the paperwork 123 pages mine was, The tribunal board also has this "bundle" I f you need to add anything after send it to the HMCT directly ASAP. Then there is the stressful and long wait till hearing. Good luck. PS make sure you send "To be signed for" costs a few £ but worth it.
    I have just started down the Tribunal route. The Assessor I saw decided there was nothing wrong with me & I got 0 points & it took her only 20 minutes. I today received an acknowledgement of my application & confirmation that my hearing will be held in the city near where I live.  I also complained to the Assessment Company & am waiting a reply from them.  What annoys me was I was claiming DLA for years but it is being treated as a new PIP claim even though I was asked to apply by the DWP.
    thanxs everyone for your comments and advice its really help full really do not know what i would of done without it xx
    thankyou CockneyRebel my son printed off for me and filled all in and sent recorded delivery  then the postman brought a f2f for my esa on the 19th february now i am worried  whats going to happen 
  • sandyp196sandyp196 Member Posts: 129 Pioneering
    Oh my gosh. I am new here. I just read this entire post and I am shocked what you have to cope with when already unwell. I had a pip assessment this week for renewal. 
    Hi misstracey

It is really unfortunate to get your ESA f2f so soon but the two are separate benefits.

Good luck and please ask if we can help

CR
  • maid08maid08 Member, Member [under moderation] Posts: 307 Member [under moderation]
    there seems a link between failing pip assessments and esa then jumping in  are we to think if you fail pip dwp then try to out you from esa using pip acesmant as a means  they are two diff benefits but seem linked
  • maid08maid08 Member, Member [under moderation] Posts: 307 Member [under moderation]
    and  do not feel ashamed there are a lot of us out here feeling the same thinking honesty is both ways  try and be positive  the truth always outs in the end xxx
    I received a letter asking me to go to a F2F Assessment for my ESA a few weeks ago.  The appointment was unsuitable & as they did not have a suitable appointment I was put on a list.  A appointment arrived  about 3 weeks ago.  I contacted my MP & he has emailed the DWP to see if they can suspend the review of my ESA for the moment as I am waiting to go the a Tribunal to get my DLA/PIP reinstated.  The F2F is next Wednesday & as yet I have heard nothing yet from my MP or the DWP about cancelling the appointment.  I am getting really anxious about having to go especially after the fiasco of the PIP F2F when the Assessor wrote a completely inaccurate report which is why I lost that benefit.  If the ESA F2F goes the same way I will lose most of my income.  I will just have a small pension which will not even cover my bills.  I am really really anxious & ill because of the stress. :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

• susan48susan48 Member Posts: 2,229 Disability Gamechanger
    Annabelle26,
    im not very clued up on the way the “system” works but I would call them tomorrow, if anyone’s there, or Monday to ask what’s happening.
    if nothing else it would put your mind at rest 
    Susan
  • sleepy1sleepy1 Member Posts: 299 Pioneering
    Hi Annabelle, my advice for what it is worth would be not rely on your MP getting the f2f postponed at this late stage and focus your energy on going to the interrogation center and be better prepared than your pip fiasco.  May as well get it out of the way.  It might even work in your favor if you get a good report you can use it for your appeal.

I have had both pip and esa appeals going on at the same time that DWP used completely conflicting assessment reports and I was able to use that to my advantage in the end with each case.

ATB Rosie

• whistleswhistles Member Posts: 1,590 Disability Gamechanger
    maid08 said:
    there seems a link between failing pip assessments and esa then jumping in  are we to think if you fail pip dwp then try to out you from esa using pip acesmant as a means  they are two diff benefits but seem linked
    They are linked via the premiums. The second you lose the care, the sdp stops, I had both letters arrive the same day.

One is ability to work and one is about to function. You can though be on either or both at the she time. 

I haven't ever been asked for an esa f2f. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • BarbiesnemesisBarbiesnemesis Member Posts: 86 Pioneering
    I can easily say "don't feel ashamed" but I felt ashamed when I claimed my current ESA and PIP. I felt like I was being interviewed by the police for a suspected crime I had somehow committed. Nothing I said to her was believed even with medical evidence. My mental health deteriorated so badly each time I had a face to face assessment I had to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital. I have both physical and mental health problems but the only thing the assessor was interested in at my PIP interview was my physical health. She lied in my report too, saying "I sat and stood several times unaided". In the interview I used her desk to lean on as my knees get sharp pains in them which causes my legs to give way if I don't do this. I was interviewed for an hour and a half and near to the end of the assessment she pulled the chair into a position whereby there was nothing for me to lean on to sit down so I did this even though it hurt - I was desperate to get out of there by then! The 'mobility' assessment she carried out was with me seated throughout. I was also told that because I can get in and out of a car I am not disabled enough to need one! I was downgraded for mobility and daily living. This meant I lost my motability car, my blue badge, and my bus pass. When I asked for a reconsideration the daily living component was put back up to high rate but not mobility. I wasn't going to appeal but in the end I thought sod them. I've been waiting 7 months now for my appeal date. This whole system is inhumane and degrading.
    Hi Annabelle

As you have cancelled one appointment you must attend the next one or your claim couls be closed.
    That being said, as it is for ESA, you should ring asap and ask for the assessment to be recorded. It may be to late to request this but is worth trying. This will usually mean that the assessment will have to be rescheduled

CR

• ritareetgreeneritareetgreene Member Posts: 3 Listener
    i am new to this do not know where really to start.i have been on esa for 5 years i made a claim for pip on 31st oct 2017 i had  f2f assessment on the 5th of december 2017 i have various illness including depression and anxiety and copd  and disease related sciatica . i was granted a home assessment due to the serverness  of my condition the lady turned up 20 minutes late no phone call or nothing my 24 year old son answered the door showed her in she went through all the questions for my pip form which i gave he all the same answers my son explained he done the cooking as i am a danger to my self and others as due to my illness i have scalded my self with the kettle set the kitchen on fire due to forgetfulness  i do not go out on my on without my son and then its to the hospital or doctors i im pretty much a mess at the minute .i have been reading up about the pip assessments and was quite shocked i read to get the medical report i phoned up dwp a week after the assessment  they  had it 4 days after it was done i was sent a copy  friday 15th december 2017 .when i started to read it i thought it was someone else to be honest i could not believed the lies .she had put i can walk 200 mtrs even though i never moved off the chair i have trouble getting up the stairs she said i cook for my self even though my son told her he done the cooking due to the risk of harm .she said i can drive and go out and plan a journey on my own even though i have not driven for  donkeys years i can walk to the car i explained to her but im out of breath .she said i stood on on one leg after the other which i did not. she said i got up walked into the kitchen and back again crouched down and got back up again which is total fabrication  i explained about my illness i broke down in tears due to something what happened to me when i was younger .she said is that because you was on drugs omfg i could not believe it ive never took drugs in my life which i was absolutely devastated that she thought i was a drug addict then she told me their is no help for depressed people and there will not be i could wait for the woman to get my home which i trusted her in i felt shamed and humiliated
    i would not of bothered claiming if i knew i had to go through this i would of just carried on struggling  she was rather uncomfortable around my son  as he should not of been their ,i have not yet had the decision but the way the medical looked its a no .i do not know what to do i am frightened and petrified now as as what to do any advice is very much appreciated at this distressing time thanxs

• ritareetgreeneritareetgreene Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Tracey I'm going through same he put all lies down I been on dla 6 year and just by one person putting lies when I blatantly told him I couldn't do things my money is stopping in may thanks to him 
  • crippscripps Member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Hi, really there’s no words for these kind of people, we can tell them our life story and how bad things are but at the same time there hearing something else. I had my assessment about 5 weeks ago and the guy that came round just wrote a whole different story than what i told him. My money is being stopped because of what he wrote but I refuse to let him get away with the lies he wrote. I’m going to fight the DWP all the way to court because if people like ourselves don’t fight then they have won and that’s one thing I’m not having. Let’s stick together . 1to us a big 0 to them. NC 
    I too am in the same position.   The Assessment only took 20 mins. It Assessor only ticked the first box in each section & wrote complete rubbish.   She did not ask most of the questions .  She said the Session took 50 mins.  I put in a complaint to the Company .  Their own visitor log showed I was only in their offices for a total of 33 mins & 10 mins of that I was in the toileti n a separate area of the bulding.  I am at the Tribunal stage of trying to get the Benefit reinstated . I am waiting for a hearing date.  Because I was not satisfied with the way the Company handled the complaint I have contacted The Independent Case Examiner to look into the complaint. 
  • Pippa_AlumniPippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,851 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear about these experiences and how they've made you feel. 

If you're going to be appealing the decision, this letter generating tool for MR and this guidance on appealing DWP decisions may be worth looking at. Please do keep us updated and come back to us with any questions. 

As @Annabelle26 has done, you may also like to consider putting in a complaint. This link to the DWP complaints procedure may help.
  • WaylayWaylay Member Posts: 922 Pioneering
    @kevin888My bundle is 393 pages long. It isn't in chronological order, there are multiple copies of some pages....
  • HibbieJimHibbieJim Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hullo folks from a sunny Edinburgh. The reason i have joined the discussion is because of a pal of mine. I have emailed her the site addy and told her to join in. Obviously i cannot comment on her illness. That is up to her.
    But reading the OP's situation got me angry. So my pal got an 'assessmemt' for pip. She was awarded the lower rate. 

Because of her illness she lost the will to fight. The month was over for the MR. But i feel because of her illness that was what caused the delay.

But hopefully she will join the discussion.

I was reading a site this morning on a disability site and seen something which i would like to pass on  to folks.

I hope it is ok to put the link up for the site i gleaned it from?

Here2supports web page seems to have disappeared.

Here2Support has now started requesting some tribunals to call the Atos assessors to give evidence at appeals so they can be questioned about the honesty of their reports.

But on the three occasions they have tried this so far, all have resulted in a DWP decision-maker reversing their decision and finding in favour of the claimant, despite the mandatory reconsideration – the internal DWP appeal – having already taken place.

He said this shows that DWP “know damn well that the assessors are not reporting accurately”.

Ellis said that he has been to many assessments in which the subsequent reports bore no relation to what the assessors were told by the claimant.

And another couple of wee things that may help in anyones figbt against the states monster.

As well as logging the date and time of all phone calls and sending all mail by special delivery, if you are called in for an 'assessment' firstly phone whoever is doing it and tell them you will be bringing a friend and also you want the 'assessment' RECORDED.

It is your right to request this. And do not listen to their waffle. You have rights.

Then send a letter to the 'health care provider' stating that you are sending the exact same letter to the dwp. In the letter state again you  are bringing a friend and want the 'assessment' recorded.

In the letter to the hcp also include the one the dwp will get. An up to date doctors letter.

And SECTIONS 2 and 3OF THE FRAUD ACT. The pages are widely available.

You now have them backfooting. Not only do you have a witness you have a recording. And you have notified them that if they lie then under sections 2 and 3 of the fraud act you can get the police involved because they are trying to defraud you of your benefit.
    And remember to photo copy ALL documents.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HibbieJim said:
    if you are called in for an 'assessment' firstly phone whoever is doing it and tell them you will be bringing a friend and also you want the 'assessment' RECORDED.

It is your right to request this. And do not listen to their waffle. You have rights.

They don't record PIP assessments. If a claimant wishes to record their assessment they can do this theirself. They must get permission to do so and they must use appropriate recording devices such as CD/tape, they must produce two identical copies and one copy must be handed in at the end of the assessment. Recording on phones etc is not permitted. If a claimant chooses to record their assessment without permission, they risk their assessment being stopped, their file returned to DWP and will likely be refused that benefit.

They do record ESA assessments for you, if you ask but not PIP assessments.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    Thank you for that Poppy. Most of the folk i try and help are ESA claimants.

The more folk post the better. And if like myself points need changed, sorted and clarified the better.

Once again cheers
  • WaylayWaylay Member Posts: 922 Pioneering
    A midwife?! Dear God.
    Waylay

A midwife?! Dear God.

?
  • mksmith71mksmith71 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    The government don't care, after speaking to our MP apparently even the judges who deal with these appeals are disgusted by the obvious lies that are given and  not backed up by the assessment officer, and are completely in odds against all medical evidence supplied and medical professionals on the side of the claimant.  And yet the decision makers at the DWP refuse to see this serious infraction ...a kind of fraud if you will, yet just the slightest exaggeration by any claimant is met with stern enforcement. Yet  It seems that lies negative cohesion and threats is okay as long as your working for the government.
  • YadnadYadnad Member [under moderation] Posts: 2,856 Member [under moderation]
    mksmith71 said:
     Yet  It seems that lies negative cohesion and threats is okay as long as your working for the government.
    Hasn't that always been the case? HMRC comes to mind who employed a company to carry out a witch hunt for those who claimed to be single who might have a lover under the bed. HMRC agreed with the tactics used as long as results came forth.
  • Renno63Renno63 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    I used to be on dla  I was then moved to esa and that when my troubles started.
    Then one day I was asked to attend a assessment for the first time I disclosed some of my full history on the form that has to be filled out. 
    I had been assessed on multiple times and has passed criteria to get the benefit. 
    This time after a wait of one and a half hours I was called  what was strange a women opened the door from  gave me a form, which I couldn't fill in correctly, then the guy proceeded to guide me down corridor ,basically holding me by shoulder, asked me can I see the door, which was ablaze with light in a darkened corridor. 
    During the accessment which was question after question, nothing else, he procceeded to shout at me when I told him I was raped as a child. 
    He ignored all medical evidence ,such as damaged right leg, I was unable to use right arm, I had Fibromyalgia, Diabetes  dangerously high blood pressure. I was awarded no points
    After waiting two years I went to tribunal, I lost  
    I was later told by CAB that I had no chance of winning due to the judge in charge, he had a reputation of no only finding against people but also making case airtight ,so no second chance. 
    What made the tribunal so bad  DHSS broke rules and then did not send a representative, the clerk of the court then asked my representative to stay were she was. 
    During the questioning the doctor proceeded to make a joke about my time at Talk Liverpool seeing a Councillor, I have to say this effected me and I closed down. 
    Three years of fit notes by my doctors, I went for a PIP assessment ,amazingly the same thing happened .
    They asked me hypertetical questions  such as do you have pets, if you were lost what would yo do ? 
    The assessor even lied about my prescription which I believe is 19+ items saying it wasn't shown, why would I not show it ? 
    Being a diabetic you have toiletries needs she ask do you wear diapers exactly the same as ATOS, she was told about my depression   osteoporosis, Fibromyalgia, diabetes,  hypertension with danger of heartattack ,damage to my arm and leg  the use of a cane which I have to use on the opposite side due to possible further damage to my arm. 
    She then asked how I got there  Taxi was the reply  which she okayed, even watch us get into taxi. 
    The result no points ,79p for taxi. 

Sign in or join us to comment.