pip medical assessor lied feel so ashamed now - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip medical assessor lied feel so ashamed now

Comments

• sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    Oh my gosh. I am new here. I just read this entire post and I am shocked what you have to cope with when already unwell. I had a pip assessment this week for renewal. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi misstracey

It is really unfortunate to get your ESA f2f so soon but the two are separate benefits.

Good luck and please ask if we can help

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    there seems a link between failing pip assessments and esa then jumping in  are we to think if you fail pip dwp then try to out you from esa using pip acesmant as a means  they are two diff benefits but seem linked
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    and  do not feel ashamed there are a lot of us out here feeling the same thinking honesty is both ways  try and be positive  the truth always outs in the end xxx
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    I received a letter asking me to go to a F2F Assessment for my ESA a few weeks ago.  The appointment was unsuitable & as they did not have a suitable appointment I was put on a list.  A appointment arrived  about 3 weeks ago.  I contacted my MP & he has emailed the DWP to see if they can suspend the review of my ESA for the moment as I am waiting to go the a Tribunal to get my DLA/PIP reinstated.  The F2F is next Wednesday & as yet I have heard nothing yet from my MP or the DWP about cancelling the appointment.  I am getting really anxious about having to go especially after the fiasco of the PIP F2F when the Assessor wrote a completely inaccurate report which is why I lost that benefit.  If the ESA F2F goes the same way I will lose most of my income.  I will just have a small pension which will not even cover my bills.  I am really really anxious & ill because of the stress. :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Annabelle26,
    im not very clued up on the way the “system” works but I would call them tomorrow, if anyone’s there, or Monday to ask what’s happening.
    if nothing else it would put your mind at rest 
    Susan
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Hi Annabelle, my advice for what it is worth would be not rely on your MP getting the f2f postponed at this late stage and focus your energy on going to the interrogation center and be better prepared than your pip fiasco.  May as well get it out of the way.  It might even work in your favor if you get a good report you can use it for your appeal.

I have had both pip and esa appeals going on at the same time that DWP used completely conflicting assessment reports and I was able to use that to my advantage in the end with each case.

ATB Rosie

• whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    maid08 said:
    there seems a link between failing pip assessments and esa then jumping in  are we to think if you fail pip dwp then try to out you from esa using pip acesmant as a means  they are two diff benefits but seem linked
    They are linked via the premiums. The second you lose the care, the sdp stops, I had both letters arrive the same day.

One is ability to work and one is about to function. You can though be on either or both at the she time. 

I haven't ever been asked for an esa f2f. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • Barbiesnemesis
    Barbiesnemesis Community member Posts: 86 Pioneering
    I can easily say "don't feel ashamed" but I felt ashamed when I claimed my current ESA and PIP. I felt like I was being interviewed by the police for a suspected crime I had somehow committed. Nothing I said to her was believed even with medical evidence. My mental health deteriorated so badly each time I had a face to face assessment I had to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital. I have both physical and mental health problems but the only thing the assessor was interested in at my PIP interview was my physical health. She lied in my report too, saying "I sat and stood several times unaided". In the interview I used her desk to lean on as my knees get sharp pains in them which causes my legs to give way if I don't do this. I was interviewed for an hour and a half and near to the end of the assessment she pulled the chair into a position whereby there was nothing for me to lean on to sit down so I did this even though it hurt - I was desperate to get out of there by then! The 'mobility' assessment she carried out was with me seated throughout. I was also told that because I can get in and out of a car I am not disabled enough to need one! I was downgraded for mobility and daily living. This meant I lost my motability car, my blue badge, and my bus pass. When I asked for a reconsideration the daily living component was put back up to high rate but not mobility. I wasn't going to appeal but in the end I thought sod them. I've been waiting 7 months now for my appeal date. This whole system is inhumane and degrading.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Annabelle

As you have cancelled one appointment you must attend the next one or your claim couls be closed.
    That being said, as it is for ESA, you should ring asap and ask for the assessment to be recorded. It may be to late to request this but is worth trying. This will usually mean that the assessment will have to be rescheduled

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ritareetgreene
    ritareetgreene Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    i am new to this do not know where really to start.i have been on esa for 5 years i made a claim for pip on 31st oct 2017 i had  f2f assessment on the 5th of december 2017 i have various illness including depression and anxiety and copd  and disease related sciatica . i was granted a home assessment due to the serverness  of my condition the lady turned up 20 minutes late no phone call or nothing my 24 year old son answered the door showed her in she went through all the questions for my pip form which i gave he all the same answers my son explained he done the cooking as i am a danger to my self and others as due to my illness i have scalded my self with the kettle set the kitchen on fire due to forgetfulness  i do not go out on my on without my son and then its to the hospital or doctors i im pretty much a mess at the minute .i have been reading up about the pip assessments and was quite shocked i read to get the medical report i phoned up dwp a week after the assessment  they  had it 4 days after it was done i was sent a copy  friday 15th december 2017 .when i started to read it i thought it was someone else to be honest i could not believed the lies .she had put i can walk 200 mtrs even though i never moved off the chair i have trouble getting up the stairs she said i cook for my self even though my son told her he done the cooking due to the risk of harm .she said i can drive and go out and plan a journey on my own even though i have not driven for  donkeys years i can walk to the car i explained to her but im out of breath .she said i stood on on one leg after the other which i did not. she said i got up walked into the kitchen and back again crouched down and got back up again which is total fabrication  i explained about my illness i broke down in tears due to something what happened to me when i was younger .she said is that because you was on drugs omfg i could not believe it ive never took drugs in my life which i was absolutely devastated that she thought i was a drug addict then she told me their is no help for depressed people and there will not be i could wait for the woman to get my home which i trusted her in i felt shamed and humiliated
    i would not of bothered claiming if i knew i had to go through this i would of just carried on struggling  she was rather uncomfortable around my son  as he should not of been their ,i have not yet had the decision but the way the medical looked its a no .i do not know what to do i am frightened and petrified now as as what to do any advice is very much appreciated at this distressing time thanxs

• ritareetgreene
    ritareetgreene Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi Tracey I'm going through same he put all lies down I been on dla 6 year and just by one person putting lies when I blatantly told him I couldn't do things my money is stopping in may thanks to him 
  • cripps
    cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Hi, really there’s no words for these kind of people, we can tell them our life story and how bad things are but at the same time there hearing something else. I had my assessment about 5 weeks ago and the guy that came round just wrote a whole different story than what i told him. My money is being stopped because of what he wrote but I refuse to let him get away with the lies he wrote. I’m going to fight the DWP all the way to court because if people like ourselves don’t fight then they have won and that’s one thing I’m not having. Let’s stick together . 1to us a big 0 to them. NC 
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    I too am in the same position.   The Assessment only took 20 mins. It Assessor only ticked the first box in each section & wrote complete rubbish.   She did not ask most of the questions .  She said the Session took 50 mins.  I put in a complaint to the Company .  Their own visitor log showed I was only in their offices for a total of 33 mins & 10 mins of that I was in the toileti n a separate area of the bulding.  I am at the Tribunal stage of trying to get the Benefit reinstated . I am waiting for a hearing date.  Because I was not satisfied with the way the Company handled the complaint I have contacted The Independent Case Examiner to look into the complaint. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear about these experiences and how they've made you feel. 

If you're going to be appealing the decision, this letter generating tool for MR and this guidance on appealing DWP decisions may be worth looking at. Please do keep us updated and come back to us with any questions. 

As @Annabelle26 has done, you may also like to consider putting in a complaint. This link to the DWP complaints procedure may help.
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    @kevin888My bundle is 393 pages long. It isn't in chronological order, there are multiple copies of some pages....
  • HibbieJim
    HibbieJim Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hullo folks from a sunny Edinburgh. The reason i have joined the discussion is because of a pal of mine. I have emailed her the site addy and told her to join in. Obviously i cannot comment on her illness. That is up to her.
    But reading the OP's situation got me angry. So my pal got an 'assessmemt' for pip. She was awarded the lower rate. 

Because of her illness she lost the will to fight. The month was over for the MR. But i feel because of her illness that was what caused the delay.

But hopefully she will join the discussion.

I was reading a site this morning on a disability site and seen something which i would like to pass on  to folks.

I hope it is ok to put the link up for the site i gleaned it from?

Here2supports web page seems to have disappeared.

Here2Support has now started requesting some tribunals to call the Atos assessors to give evidence at appeals so they can be questioned about the honesty of their reports.

But on the three occasions they have tried this so far, all have resulted in a DWP decision-maker reversing their decision and finding in favour of the claimant, despite the mandatory reconsideration – the internal DWP appeal – having already taken place.

He said this shows that DWP “know damn well that the assessors are not reporting accurately”.

Ellis said that he has been to many assessments in which the subsequent reports bore no relation to what the assessors were told by the claimant.

• HibbieJim
    And another couple of wee things that may help in anyones figbt against the states monster.

As well as logging the date and time of all phone calls and sending all mail by special delivery, if you are called in for an 'assessment' firstly phone whoever is doing it and tell them you will be bringing a friend and also you want the 'assessment' RECORDED.

It is your right to request this. And do not listen to their waffle. You have rights.

Then send a letter to the 'health care provider' stating that you are sending the exact same letter to the dwp. In the letter state again you  are bringing a friend and want the 'assessment' recorded.

In the letter to the hcp also include the one the dwp will get. An up to date doctors letter.

And SECTIONS 2 and 3OF THE FRAUD ACT. The pages are widely available.

You now have them backfooting. Not only do you have a witness you have a recording. And you have notified them that if they lie then under sections 2 and 3 of the fraud act you can get the police involved because they are trying to defraud you of your benefit.
    And remember to photo copy ALL documents.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    HibbieJim said:
    if you are called in for an 'assessment' firstly phone whoever is doing it and tell them you will be bringing a friend and also you want the 'assessment' RECORDED.

It is your right to request this. And do not listen to their waffle. You have rights.

They don't record PIP assessments. If a claimant wishes to record their assessment they can do this theirself. They must get permission to do so and they must use appropriate recording devices such as CD/tape, they must produce two identical copies and one copy must be handed in at the end of the assessment. Recording on phones etc is not permitted. If a claimant chooses to record their assessment without permission, they risk their assessment being stopped, their file returned to DWP and will likely be refused that benefit.

They do record ESA assessments for you, if you ask but not PIP assessments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • HibbieJim
    Thank you for that Poppy. Most of the folk i try and help are ESA claimants.

The more folk post the better. And if like myself points need changed, sorted and clarified the better.

Once again cheers

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.