Hi my name is Karen Orangetree (really!) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi my name is Karen Orangetree (really!)

MrsOrangetree
MrsOrangetree Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi from the very north of County Durham, this grey chilly March day.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Karen, @MrsOrangetree, and what a fabulous name :smile: Welcome to the community! It is great to have you with us.Please be confident that this is a safe place and that you are among friends here. Whatever experiences you have had or are going through, whatever your troubles are or have been, you will almost certainly find people here who have experienced something similar, who care and can empathise with you. Don't hesitate to talk to us, to ask us questions or to tell us anything about yourself. The better we get to know you and how you feel, the more easily we may find ways to help you.

Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• MrsOrangetree
    MrsOrangetree Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi Richard and thank you :)
    I have MS, which was being treated with a Disease Modifying Drug but that caused my lymphoctye count to plummet, so I am now waiting for an MRI so they can start me on a new treatment.
    I am, currently, suffering with monsterous fatigue and head pains.  The fatigue affects my balance, speech and coordination as well as energy levels, so it isn't fun just at the moment ... apologies if I am grumpy!!
    Karen
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Karen, @MrsOrangetree, and thank you for getting back to me. Apologies if you are grumpy? Good heavens. (a) I saw not a word of grumpiness in your message and (b) if you're feeling grumpy you are surely entitled to and it is perfectly okay by us :smile:
    You are already a hero in my view.
    I ran a quick search, using the search box at the top of the page, and found a few discussions of MS itself in the Disabled People forum https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/disabled-people. Perhaps you could have a look through the links on the coloured part of the screen below and see if there is anything there that you feel might be useful to you?  And are you in contact with the MultipleSclerosisSociety https://www.mssociety.org.uk/? I've had a quick look and they seem to have quite a lot to offer. Not that I'm suggesting you abandon us :smile: I'd much rather you stayed if we can help or even if you'd just like someone to be grumpy with <3
    Hope something in there helps
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

Brightness