Do assessors spy on these sites? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do assessors spy on these sites?

Comments

• susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Victoriad,
    thats why Iv stopped going on Facebook, its not safe and depending on your settings, anyone can look at your posts, photos anything.

it also makes my anxiety worse
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Victoriad said:
    Hello all
    Watching aunty BEEB......facebook is the most dangerous site if all.....Labour Analytica company accused of harvesting millions of people’s profiles!

You won't find me on it. Hate it. 
    I can't help thinking how many people will regret using it in ten years time or so.
    The net is still in its infancy really. On the one hand it's good as it's allowing us here to chat to fellow people. Not everyone can talk verbally, or hear, or sees a lot of people. So less isolating.
    The bad is it gets abused as most things can and I'm thinking of bullying and peer pressure. 
    If I were school age I would be on Facebook, guaranteed.
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • zoro
    zoro Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    FB is a threat to democracy.
    Governments and others can see what public reaction is to their policies in a way never before possible.
    They can gauge the mood of the population.
    They know what they can get away with how far they can push the population with their policies are the voting public apathetic and so on.
    The ones in power have more power than ever and may well be able to hold onto it forever!
    My homemade music .....   thirty odd tunes ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
  • zoro
    In the past the priests knew everything about large swathes of the population.
    Now it's the information technology world.

My homemade music .....   thirty odd tunes ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
  • sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    Sorry I haven't been back for a few days. I'm not very well atm and had a rough few days worrying about everything from pip to the Russians.  I kid you not. Had a tweak in meds and feel a little better today.  
    Can I change my user name? It is vey similar to my real name. Practically I know I have nothing to hide. But there are days (frequently) where everything and everyone in my life feels a bit sinister. 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry thick question alert- is this ^^ social media? What does even mean!

It's a fact that the police use it to track people. 
    You can like their page. Why would I want to do that! Your gp surgery probably has a page. Beyond me I'm afraid. I'm still in the stone ages of telephone, text and letter.
    The text reminder service- brilliant. 

Potential employers will search on it though- fact.

The sad fact is and it has be the result of the fraudsters, that the rest of us feel we can't have any sort of life. I have difficulties, I have issues, I never said I was in a coma! But yes there are days when I can't get out bed so yes maybe I am. 
    Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • louismc44
    louismc44 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Of course this sh** Tory government will spy into your **** if they poke the head up in lava-Tory sheet hole
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Yes Sany you can. Have a look at the top of the to your right. I think it is a circle/ cog. Click on that, and of you go. Change name, add picture etc.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2018
    Morning all.  I have wondered for years why people chose an email address using their own full name leaving themselves open to be stalked followed and easier to trace by entering their name on social media sites ect. Be careful what emails passwords you use!?
  • charlene
    promise you'd have problems spelling let alone pronouncing mine
  • susan48
    Paranoid now!!
    had the same email address for years!!
    im scared to do anything.
    getting tv fixed and wondering it the man is there to spy,, 
    seriously what is wrong with my head  :s
  • Henry
    Henry Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Who  cares   who snoppes.  
  • charlene
    Oh Susan, so sorry you are feeling this way. Have to admit though, a few times recently I have looked around me to see if anyone was following.
  • susan48
    Charlene, 
    thanks. Every time I’m anywhere, even the garden I’m constantly thinking someone is watching. Even in the house I think someone is listening.
    it doesn’t seem rational but I can help it.

need to tell doctor I think

• susan48
    Iv nothing to hide from anyone 
  • zoro
    You can have as many email addresses as you like so use one for sites like this one for Facebook one for officialdom and so on.
    Never give away personal detais.
    I've been online twenty years and whenever I tick boxes about career income etc it's always been different every time.
    I'm a manual worker I'm apensioeber I'm a student I earn less than twenty five grand I earn more than a hundred grand.
    The reality is we live in a surveillance society now and the U.K is the worst.
    Eyeball recognition facial recognition finger print recognition if you use any of those on phones tablets PC's etc they will all tie up together in a datbase sothe street cameras will recognize who you are.
    It's a simple fact of life now.
    I only have a mobile phone for in the car for breakdown assist.
    It only ever comes out of the car for recharging.
    I don't make or recieve mobile calls.
    I don't sit in waiting rooms fiddling with some electronic appendage.
    Simply because I have no interest in being connected day and night.
    I stare at the walls or read Cheshire life when in the surgery waiting room.
    Old fashioned I know but I find it amusing and disturbing that so many of you need this stuff.
    FaceBook is like .... I went shopping today got some new shoes.
    Why would anyone want to know or tell such mundane garbage?
  • zoro
    Some people are so attached to their devices they have become part human part machine.
    Tap tap tap all day long wherever they are.
    By the time some people meet up there is nothing left top say so they start tap tap tapping to people who aren't there with you.
    Infuriating!
    My kids have this mental affliction.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.