Do assessors spy on these sites? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do assessors spy on these sites?

Comments

• Barbiesnemesis
    Barbiesnemesis Community member Posts: 86 Pioneering
    Perhaps someone from the Scope team could reassure us? 
  • whistles
    whistles Community member Posts: 1,583 Disability Gamechanger
    I spend time in the real world and time in the virtual. 
    Being a book lover even my real world can be fantasy. 

To change your name you need to ask admin. But if it bothers you, do it. 
    It's a mh condition if you are feeling everything and everyone is watching- if its beyond what the average person would. 
    I think anyone watching me would be so bored  :)  

Do not follow me, I don't know where I am going.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger

hi whistles,

I wish I could read again, no concentration, not read a book in 3 years

yes its a mh problem but has it a name ?? as you know who really love labels !!!

Im sure they wouldn't be bored watching you, probably wonder what you were reading

• whistles
    I can only think of paranoia or delusions, but I'm no doctor. 
    If something interferes with my normal day to day living to the point it gets too much of head space, I think about setting someone. 

My phobia in the first instance was very well behaved and you wouldn't believe what I started believing! 

• susan48
    Thanks whistles,
    iv got doctor on Friday will try and remember, I had to ask my friend why I was even going!!!
    I hope your well behaved phobia is still behaving.
    i overthink all the time, the psychologist says it remuneration.
    cant stop it 
  • whistles
    Heard of that term. 
    Yes phobia all resolved. But, it would only take something silly to set it off. I ry to avoid the news as my brain goes running on ahead.

Just wrote to my gp about a recent change. Don't think I need to actually go- avoidance tactic there. But I don't expect them to do anything, I am trying to myself initially.  
  • susan48
    Whistles,
    i wish like a lot of us my brain had an on/off switch, hence not sleeping without medication.
    im not going willingly if I’m honext, the last time she looked at me pityingly! 
    Like I was a small child 
  • whistles
    It was discussed about reducing my meds. It's up to me. So was just informing them I was.

Though I added the immense stress of the all the pip stuff. My award was a month ago, I need to be getting on with things again. 

After all its SPRING today  :)
  • sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    Can I just clarify my question wasn't about having anything to hide. That didn't even cross my minD when I wrote that question.  I worry about strangers.  I live alone in a rough area. Part of my condition is a predisposition for paranoia. I don't let people in my home.  Electric, gas, water meter readers... nonE are allowed in wihout a specific appointment that I check with theit employers. I'm scared of being murdered or worse. These govt agencies can check my movements and it makes me feel vulnerable to danger. Pip people hate me and the govt thinks I am a parasite and a drain on the economy and there is non point to me. They only need to have one psycho working as an assessor who has access to anyone's home. It's scarey. Why should a pip assessor be any different from any psycho posing as a gas meter reader?
    The world is a dangerous place and I am vigilant of my safety. This is the reason I asked the question as I let a stranger in my home who knows I live alone.
    We are all having to do that to try and get the assistance we need. But it also makes you vulnerable and it's not good to forget that. I don't.    
  • sandyp196
    sandyp196 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    I don't like being watched. A red car has been following me and i am convinved it was the assessor even though my famity say not. Iv been happy and safe in my anonymity for a while and now feel I'm on the government's radar again. I dont want to put myself in the firing line. I'm so stupid and careless sometimes and I over share and I can't take it back.  We are all under attack from the government and I'm not crazy in thinking that these sites are a way for them to get to us anD make us suffer even more. Why even have a disability benefit when the people who need it don't get it, but scammers get it easy enough. Maybe they should come here and tell us all how to 'work the system'.  
    I know a lot of you are strongend braverr than me and if there's enough people here fighting against them I will stay and take my chances with you all. 
    Thank you for helping despite being unwell yourselves. But be careful too as if assessor see the wonderful help on here they will tell you all you can work as counsellors and benefits advisors and joh centre staff and score you zero even though you don't have a chance in hell of gettig those kind of jobs!  Please beleive me they do this. 
    My poor dear neighbour had his car taken away and he can hardly walk at all. He couldn't even drive the car he is so unwell but his brother has a driving licence and would drive him around and where he needed to go.   This lovely proud man who worked hard all his life was crying and he didn't want to cry in front of people but couldn't help it.  I was crying too and his other neighbour as well. Im crying again now remembering that day. (Iv jsut been crying all day tbh). I told him about this site and to come here for help or the yourable site (although they can be a bit harsh on that site) about the tribunal but he has no Internet because it was cut off as he hasnt any money for it so I made things worse by mentioning it. 
     Its harD to know how to help anyone these days. Everythig Is so crazy and streasful wih the govt and the russians. 
    But thank you for your help here. I want to help too.
  • zoro
    zoro Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    It's not about whether you can get those jobs or not it's whether you are capable of doing the jobs were they offered.
    If you're capable then you don't need benefits that are for the incapable.
    I think I've had to spend around 16 hours a day on my bed this last ten days or so.
    I've spent a lot of time in my wheelchair when feeling more up to sitting upright.
    Next week I will probably be walking around for a couple of days but then I'll be back to dropping things lying down in agony and exhaustion.
    Not driven for quite a few days or even been to the shops.
    Simply not been out.
    Next week hopefully will be better but whatever I do I cannot sustain for any length of time meaning no job for me .... I'm disabled.
    I can't fake what's wrong with me.
    If you have assessors watching you then you best be honest.
    My homemade music .....   thirty odd tunes ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all,

There have been some really good points raised here that I hope we can address. As this is a public forum on the internet, the information you choose to post in discussions can in theory be seen by anybody who chooses to access it. Therefore, it's important that we keep the community a safe and supportive place.

There are many resources you can use to help to protect yourself and others online, which we recommend checking out. We also have moderators and safeguarding procedures so that if we think somebody has shared information which may put them at risk, we are able to inform them and remove it. 

If you have any concerns about your safety using the Scope Community or about others' behaviour, please email community@scope.org.uk.
  • susan48
    Victoriad,
    you have just covered a question I was going to ask about DVLA.
    im not sure whether or not my medication interferes with driving. Went on the website but it just says to ask the doctor about driving.
    iv not driven in weeks, scared to. The longer I don’t the more I don’t think I should
  • zoro
    susan48 said:
    Victoriad,
    you have just covered a question I was going to ask about DVLA.
    im not sure whether or not my medication interferes with driving. Went on the website but it just says to ask the doctor about driving.
    iv not driven in weeks, scared to. The longer I don’t the more I don’t think I should
    Your doc is supposed to warn you if your medication can affect your driving.
    Have words with him/her.
    My homemade music .....   thirty odd tunes ..... https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
  • susan48
    Thanks zoro,
    i will do it’s on my note for doctor.
    iv never been told anything about driving whilst on medication,
    just the label on the packets.

i was going to email DVLA but was advised to talk to doctor first, I tend to rush into things especially when not feeling well 

• zoro
    susan48 said:
    Thanks zoro,
    i will do it’s on my note for doctor.
    iv never been told anything about driving whilst on medication,
    just the label on the packets.

i was going to email DVLA but was advised to talk to doctor first, I tend to rush into things especially when not feeling well 

Don't email DVLA you could have your license suspended without cause.
    The medical driving assessment isn't a driving test it's an assessment so doesn't matter if you break the speed limit accidentally and so on.
    First is a coherency test to make sure you know who you are where you are can you count see properly interpret things correctly.
    That took about forty minutes then a one hour drive with two people in the car with mirrors to observe every angle.
    One in the back behind the passenger seat one in the front passenger seat.
    Both with clipboards no pressure then!
    If you turn up it's because you want to keep your license.
    I thought all I can do is just drive the way I usually do.
    But ... I would hide the pain.
    At the end of it they said they could see the pain I was in and well done for trying to hide it!
    The only negative thing was they said in three years time I would be reassessed in an automatic because that it what I would have to drive from then on.
    With the nerve damage in my spinal cord my left leg is getting weaker but I hadn't mentioned it and was amazed they spotted it.
    I'm on a very heavy opiate that you only get when morphine has failed so heavy stuff. Flew through the assessment.
    My opiate is Palexia (Tapentadol) ........
    http://www.awmsg.org/awmsgonline/app/appraisalinfo/651
  • whistles
    I think the issues here is when we feel under stress we don't make sensible choices. So don't make any at all, bar speaking to your gp.

I am stressed re all this pip stuff, I have contacted my gp so they are aware that all is not as it should be just now. 
    We are entitled to feel what we feel, so I can allow some stress, if my brain really wants to have a party then it can knuckle down and move on.
    I do find this is where a diary helps. Write it down, get it out of your head.

If you are feeling everything and everyone is watching, seek help because that sounds like a MH thing to me.
  • zoro
    All this surveillance in the most surveilled population on earth (here in the U.K) is almost impossible to stop or change.
    When you vote at a general election you may well change the faces of the managers at the shop front but you never and can never remove the establishment so the spying goes on.
    The government haven't got much idea what the intelligence services get up to or in many cases what the police get up to.
    The royals remain as do the bishops the generals and the intelligence services.
    We can't vote thise people in and out.
    You can change the government but you cannot change or remove the establishment.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.