Hi — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

abateman
abateman Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi my name is tony I have a joint disease which has no name as doctors can't decide what I've got. Started with back surgery but moved to shoulder on left then hands. Now have difficulty walking more than ten yds and all joints affected with pain and a lot of swelling. Now mostly confined to bed as sitting up to painful. Even missed Xmas dinner.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Tony @abateman and welcome to the community. I am glad you have found us, but am sorry to hear of your condition. The not knowing must add a terrible dimension all of its own.
    Sunday tends to be a bit of a quiet day but, if you'll bear with us, I am sure others in the community will have had similar or related conditions and will be along to chat with you in due course.
    You've arrived in a safe space here, are among friends and we are very glad to have you with us, so don't be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions. The better we get to know you, the more easily we may find ways of helping and supporting you.
    Here for you, and listening, looking forward to getting to know you,
    Richard
  • abateman
    abateman Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks Richard you're my first contact.
    Tony
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @abateman, and welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing this with us, and do let us know if we can be of any assistance. You may be particularly interested in our chronic pain discussions.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @abateman

Welcome to our online community/family!!!!!!

It’s great to meet you today.

Yes I have had “chronic pain” since 2005.

This has been called many things since !!!!!

You can call me a “Pain in the Neck”

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with?????

Brightness