Hi, my name is Norton2018! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Norton2018!

Options
Norton2018
Norton2018 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
I am still in shock . Had PIP mobile as 0 once.. Then again after mandatory appeal..
Car is due to go in 2 weeks.. The money is 150 less than I had on dla plus no car.. I am gonna have to move.. Although only moved here 6 months ago as needed flat.. Could don't stairs.. And council had absolutely Nothing for me.. And then I had my son but he's in uni accommodation since September so I am in New area.. Know noone... Can't walk more than 20/25 metres and that's in pain.
No shops near. Tried to commit suicide 2 times in last 6 weeks as when I got the info car was going expartner caused me ABH and have severe facial bruises and concussion. Yes I have made a statement but.. My mental health as it has been for 20 years.. At its worse ever.. Suicide is there 24/7.. I have no family.. Dad Suicide 7 yrs ago and I found him.. Plus was his carer..
Horrendous time as coroners inquest fir a year after.. So just a nightmare then PIP CAME ALONG... I was born disabled.. Have alot of.. Chronic conditions ALL CONFIRMED AS CHRONIC IN MANDATORY APPEAL BUT... Still got 0 points...
I am hanging in for my son who's at Northumbria Uni.. But to move again.. Would absolutely kill me.. I've got surgery soon on my deformed club hand.. How on earth will I survive... Simple.. 
I won't.. Horrendous decisions by UNQUALIFIED PEOPLE... UNBELIEVABLE...

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Norton2018 and a warm welcome to the community. So very, very sorry to read about what you have been through.
    First, I'm not a benefits advisor, but we have plenty of people here who are excellent. Bear with us and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
    Your words about suicide concern me very much. I have been there and I know how dark it can get. Please, if you are feeling suicidal please ring the Samaritans for free on 116 123. And if you believe you are a currently a danger to yourself, please visit your local hospital immediately.
    I am tagging someone in to bring their attention to your post, so I'm asking you to hang on in there and give us time to respond.@RebeccaMHadvisor
    You've been courageous already - try to stay brave a little longer. Hang on in for your son. Hang on in for me and for us. You matter, and we will do all that we can to help.
    Here and listening,
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello norton and welcome

First you need to get f2f advice from CAB, welfare rights or similar as soon as possible
    You might also contact your local MP

When did you receive your MR decision letter ?
    Do you have any award for Daily Living ? if so for how long ?

You need to start the appeal process asap
    The first thing is to submit an SSCS1 with just basic reasons for your appeal
    You will then receive an acceeptance letter from the tribunal
    The DWP will then submit their case and you will receive a copy of all the evidence used to make their decision
    You should check that any evudence submitted by you is contained in the bundle
    You then prepare your own submission using the bundle to reference how you meet the criteria for an award
    You do not need further evidence but any relevant new evidence can be added and referenced also
    It can help to keep and submit a daily diary of your difficulties

There is plenty of good info on here about the appeals process
    also have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

please do come back with any questiions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Norton2018

It’s great to meet you today.

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

Please please let me know if I can help/support you with anything????

Can you please “hang” in for your “sons” sake !!!!!!

He will need “some where/someone” to go to when he finishes his “studies”

Belive me you can’t miss out on that.

I have got the “t-shirts

Best “Meds” in “Town”

“Thats for Sure”

“Please Please” let me know if I can help/support you you ??????

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi @Norton2018,

I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through and that you've had problems with PIP added as well, it sounds really tough. You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself:

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Brightness