Hi, my name is chrismercan! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is chrismercan!

Options
chrismercan
chrismercan Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, 
mom the mother of Jonas, he is five and has spastic Diplegia.  I have always felt uneasy with his diagnosis. I have had doctors literally laugh in my face. This year we saw a new chiropractor and it all melted away. His feet shrunk and now, five months later he is a totally different kid. He had no sign of brain damage in his cat scans. We were told this in normal. Doctors told us there was no way it could be something else. I wanted to share Incase this could help someone. He had something I his neck that was caused the neurological pathways to be blocked. We had seen three other chiropractors and they all missed it. Hope this helps. 

Thanks,
chris

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Chris, @chrismercan, and a warm welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    I am very sorry that you have been put through so much. Medical staff should have learned long ago (and many have) that a parent's instincts should always be treated with the greatest respect. And they should also be aware that they can make dreadful mistakes, even at their most confident.
    The memories come crowding in... :/
    I am so glad to hear that Jonas's condition has improved, and am very glad to hear of your persistence and success.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @chrismercan, and welcome to the community! 

Thanks for sharing this with us. Wishing you and your son all the best- do keep us updated and if we can be of any assistance, just let us know.

Brightness