Has anyone had to go back to Capita the week after their PIP assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone had to go back to Capita the week after their PIP assessment?

Isisatphilae
Isisatphilae Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my PIP assessment on the 15th March which I attended and it went on for well over an hour. Capita then sent me a letter a couple of days later stating that I had agreed over the phone to an assessment at short notice, which I ignored as it was complete rubbish. They then rang Friday afternoon (23 March) saying that they hadn't got all the evidence that they needed and I would have to go back ASAP for another appointment. 

I asked what questions they could have possibly failed to ask, given the length of my assessment, and said that I'd never heard of anyone having to go back to have their assessment redone or expanded in this way. They told me that it was quite normal and could I go in the following day (Saturday 24 March) or Monday 26 March, otherwise it would have to be after Easter (not at all a problem as far as I am concerned!) I said couldn't do either at such short notice, and would need to ring them back. 

I've been on disability benefits for over 10 years now and this has never happened to me before, and I've been looking online both at the usual disability websites I look at and also googling more randomly and I have found literally no references at all to this happening to other PIP applicants. I don't know what to make of this, and as I'm sure you will all appreciate (and Capita won't), having to go back in and do it all over again isn't just a nuisance, it's terrifying.

Can anyone tell me if many people do have this experience and it really is 'quite normal' as Capita said and that it's usually because of a straightforward and non-threatening reason, I would be reassured a bit. 

I haven't posted on here (or anywhere actually) before  so sorry if this is too long! 

Best wishes, Sarah 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Sarah @Isisatphilae and welcome to the community. I'm glad that you have found us.
    I'm no authority on these benefits so won't try to answer your questions directly, but I wanted to reassure you that we DO have experts here and they will be in touch with you in due course. Others will probably get back to you too, as many of our members have extensive experience of Capita's ways of doing things.
    So please bear with us for the time being, and if you have any further questions or want to tell us anything further don't hesitate to post them. And if you don't hear anything soon, again feel free to let us know.
    Oh yes - not too long at all :) Don't ever worry about that. We're here to listen.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Isisatphilae
    Isisatphilae Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for that lovely welcome and encouragement!

Best wishes, Sarah 
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Sarah and welcome

It is not common but it does happen
    Usually it is problem with the assessor either faling to complete the report in a satisfactory way or failing to submit one at all

Best of luck, at least you now know what to expect

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.