PIP Assessment - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Assessment

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    ash5896 said:
    I’ve no idea But I did mention that I’ve read people can usually can request one before the decision maker and she said that shouldn’t be happening as you have to wait for the decision. I think my call may have gone through an over zealous advisor but I’m going to try again tomorrow 
    The people on the phone are not advisors but usuallt poorly trained phone jockeys that will tell you anything to get you off the phone with them having to do anything
    A different call may bring a better result You are entitled to the report

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ash5896
    ash5896 Community member Posts: 141 Pioneering
    I called again about an hour ago no problems at alll she went through the IID and said should be with me within 7-10 days 
    Ash 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    I was also told the same about having to wait for the report until a decision was made, will try calling back tomorrow and see if I get any joy.  Seems like quite a few have been told the same!
    May have something to do with this from the House of Commons report.

"We recommend the Department proceed without delay in sending a copy of the assessor’s report by default to all claimants, alongside their initial decision."

• ash5896
    sleepy1 said:
    I was also told the same about having to wait for the report until a decision was made, will try calling back tomorrow and see if I get any joy.  Seems like quite a few have been told the same!
    May have something to do with this from the House of Commons report.

"We recommend the Department proceed without delay in sending a copy of the assessor’s report by default to all claimants, alongside their initial decision."

Is this a new thing that’s come in recently then? I manage to get mine after calling them again this afternoon so I can only assume I spoke to a jobsworth at first. Let us know how you get on please
    Ash 
  • Waylay
    Mine hadn't read my forms, or my further evidence, and never did, or at least some of his major errors would have been noticed.
  • Waylay
    @ash5896 and @sleepy1: The text you posted was a recommendation that the DWP automatically send the assessor's report to the claimant, without the claimant having to ask. 

Claimants have been able to request and receive their assessor's report without waiting for the decision letter for at least a year, but probably much longer, in England and Wales. Not sure how it works in Scotland. In N. Ireland they make you wait, and send it with the decision letter.

What probably happened with you is that DWP staff don't seem to know their own rules half the time. Different DWP peeps will tell you different things, so always double-check any answer you get from them, or look it up online. 
  • Waylay
    Or it's a new thing, designed to give us less time to do the MR...
  • Waylay
    @maid08, You got your assessor sacked?! Seriously?! YESSSSS!!!!
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    Waylay said:
    @maid08, You got your assessor sacked?! Seriously?! YESSSSS!!!!
    YES  FOLLOWING MY MEETING WITH DWP AND CAPITA THINGS WERE SORTED BEFORE THAT THEY STATED WARNING ?fOLLOWING SETTLEMENT OF MY CASE WITH PAYMENT AND INFORMED SHE HAS BEEN REMOVED ITS DONE DUSTED SOME THINGS I HAVE AGREED NOT TO MAKE PUBLIC OTHERS I WILL IGNORE
  • Waylay
    @maid08 WOOHOO!!! Did you get compensation? Did you have to make a complaint to Capita to get this result?
  • maid08
    YES ???AND STRANGLY I NEVER CONTACTED CAPITA ITSELF I DIRECTED COUNTY COURT PAPERS TO THEIR EMPLOYEE AT THEIR ADDRESS   I THEN HAD A CALL FROM DWP NONE FROM HER ??THEN A CALL FROM CAPITA THE DWP STATED THEY HAD FOUND FAULT WITH MY ACESSMANT AND DECISION WHICH I HAD BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT ALL ALONG FROM THERE IT JUST WENT TO MEETING ME THEM AND SOL AND SORTED OUT  THANK GOD

• Waylay
    Ah, yes, I remember, you filed suit against them, right?
  • Waylay
    You just tend to soubd a bit patronising @mikehughescq, by assuming that people have done it wrong, but it may just be one of those "Comes across oddly in text" things. :) We humans often struggle to interpret things without being able to see a face, hear a voice, etc 
    You give valuable advice, @mikehughescq, and it is much appreciated.

Why don't we all chill out and remember that we're to support each other? Tempers can easily flare when discussing a subject so loaded with emotions as benefits.

*Hugs to all*
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi everyone, 

We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions, even if you don’t agree with them. It is important to remember that words read online don’t always convey tone or context and so may be misinterpreted, therefore it is important to consider language and audience.

• maid08
    maid08 said:
    ash5896 said:
    So are you saying if for example someone has a heart attack they need to leave them to it?
    Even places like supermarkets have at least someone who is a first aider.
    ok, another scenario there’s a fire in the building and there’s people in being assessed will they just be left behind? 
    I wasn’t presenting myself on my worst day I’m sure they would read your notes at least before you go in.
    I know for a fact she’d read my letters that my wife handed in reception as she said she had. I’m not trying to get in an argument with you but you can’t just ignore and leave someone on the floor. 
    Ok, fine don’t lift me up she could’ve asked if I’m ok? She could’ve asked do you need to call anyone? I feel like your trying to say it’s my fault and I should’ve been left there. Don’t understand where your coming from and you seem to think it’s ok for these so called professionals just to ignore people who may have injured themselves 
    yes dear old mike seems to love trying to imply we are stupid he did it with me hence i got annoyed and was rude to everyone ignore him is best i did and i have had 6000 in backdated benefits acesser has been sacked  WHY because i did not listen to him trying to tell me i was wrong ohhh and his first part of reply was the same to me i was wasting his time

£6,000 in backdated benefits specifically because you ignored me and a HCP was dismissed and I was wrong? Might I suggest that

a) your outcome likely had nothing to do with any post I made.
    b) the backdating was actually arrears. Backdating is what you get before the date of claim whereas arrears are what you get back to the date of claim. 

Now, you’re confident some post of mine was wrong so I’d be delighted if you could highlight the thread and posts where this took place so everyone can see it and I can be given a fair right of reply or rightly discredited. In the meantime I have of course reported your post. 

If people offer a view and you ignore it, as you are fully entitled to do without making a public song and dance about it, and you then get the outcome you want, it doesn’t automatically follow that one is related to the other.

Back on topic. The analogies everyone is drawing with what happened to Ash are not good analogies at all. If someone had a heart attack in a supermarket but, as with Ash, someone was with them and addressed the matter, then whilst it’s nice to have the concern of others it wouldn’t actually do anything and could in fact be detrimental. The assumption that the more people attend an incident the easier its resolved etc. is wrong. It’s one of the reasons first responders clear an area of people who might mean well but don’t need to be there. If there was a fire then the obligations are wholly different as fire search officers would be expected to ensure the building was clear.

I do agree that in the case of Ash an accident report should have been logged but the other side of that was that it’s been open to him ever since to write in and ensure that happened. To the best of my knowledge that hasn’t happened.

The question then becomes one of whether you want to resolve the matter/change things or just partake in a chorus of criticism on a forum.
    do you want to find the deleted post were you claim one thing then deny it as to my point i did not listen to you it was clear you think you are some god on here and imply we are all stupid just by your coments and here you are now telling me to supply the thread ?? i think you need to sit back and think before you speak  i am puting this point across as this post is meant your annoying and come on tell us how daft we are  and lets not just use fancey words YOU DO please mike my life has been full clever people telling otherss yet those people only live in their own bubble and quoate textbook everytime answe b above here you go again how thick i am no mate i know its back dated benifit why do you think i have been fighting the dwp??reported my post how child like but its useualy done to be clever knowing the post was deleted weeks ago ??? you have the right to reply ??try telling me again how i was beyond your help how stupid i was because i did not understand the rules on pip how we are are stupid because we concider we give all dwp ask for but get refused COME ON MIKE YOU CAN ANSWER YOU DID IT AGAIN ON A POST IN LAST COUPLE OF DAYS in fact i think the poster was very polite not to tell you to clear off they are right in every point the acesser should have helped if qualified and not left them on the floor but i think you are one who although you say claim you help others every week prob just leave um fumme
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    @maid08, I am really pleased for you winning your case and got your backdated award and also appreciate you sharing your knowledge and experience with us, after all that is what this forum is mainly for.

Many of us come here seeking information from others and many try to help or guide us in the right direction and some like to vent off about the injustice of the system or just to chat with like minded people to relieve some of our suffering.  At the end of the day we don't really know the people we talk too and it is up to us to make a decision as to whether we value other peoples opinions or not!

Mike give his opinion you give yours if you both disagree so be it, no need to turn it into a slanging match. (other sites are more suited for that purpose).

Wishing you well x rosie

• ash5896
    Not sure what to do now. Received the assessors report and it’s full of rubbish. According to her I score 8 points for care and 8 for mobility how is that even right. She’s lied about movements I wasn’t examined for hip, shoulder ankles or neck only knees were checked.
    i had provided 7 letters which showed my limitations and medication wasn’t even considered.
    ive not had a decision yet so not sure what to do.
    shall I wait for the decision and then put in an appeal or shall I call them now?
    Ash 
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    I'm afraid you have to wait for the decision letter before you can put in a mandatory reconsideration. The decision maker doesn't always go with the assessor's points.

But perhaps start looking at how to write a MR. And list what you disagree with.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to hear this, @ash5896. As Jurph says, wait for the decision, but you may like to check out our guidance on MRs and appeals in the meantime.

https://youtu.be/4sOsiEFo-Ck

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.