pip review coming up in June - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip review coming up in June

2»

Comments

• Deb57
    Deb57 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Oh and  I would ask the assessor what their qualifications are. And if they know  anything about  your particular illness's.. I, know people, who's assessor was a Physiotherapist
  • Deb57
    Deb57 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    I, can't tell you how many people I know where the assessor has told blatant lies on their reports. If it had been recorded they couldn't have got away with that. Making it so much more difficult for the claimant at MR and appeal stage. To prove, otherwise. 
  • shazier
    shazier Community member Posts: 82 Pioneering
    Im confused, so is it better not to record the medical? . i have read allot of bad reports about the assessors lieing and this happend to my friends brother about 7/8 weeks ago. he lost his care component by 1 point and got  enhanced rate of mobilty, the assers said he could put his trousers on which he can once  there up to his knees, but, he cant put his callapers on that he needs to walk with., his mum puts these on before his puts his trousers on and then helps to put his feet in his trousers and assist by getting by  them up to his kness. nill points for that, they told the physio all this but she didnt write it down? he just said his legs get sore frrom wearing the callipers but could crawl very well without them, 
  • shazier
    shazier Community member Posts: 82 Pioneering
    I have to be honest, i did record my home pip medical, it wasn't for the fact i thought the assessor wouldn't put down correctly what i had said, it was for me to listen back to.
      at the time i didn't know that some of them tell lies and didn't always put down what was being said to them..
    At my assessment, i was struggling with my depression, extremely anxious because i had to explain to a complete stranger which i have terrible problems with, i was also getting very agitated and was in allot f pain
    . i also  had a bad flare of fibro. i had to keep asking her to repeat the question. I just couldn't concentrate and my mind just kept going blank.when she asked about the symptoms of each condition, i had to repeat a lot of  the same symptoms for all the condition, she was very helpful and was very understaning, she seemed to be quite knowledgable to.
    i was asked to remember i think it was 3 or 4 objects i could only remember the last object, when she asked me a few mins later i couldn't remember any, i do remember i kept apologising for not being able to concentrate and explained i was feeling very nervous extremy anxious depressed and  my fibro was really bad. she was very kind and told me to take my time
    .she asked me to spell world backwards, i couldnt even spell it never mind spell it backwards.
    A few days later i listened to the recording, i felt quite embarrsed and thought good grief how did i get through that assessment. she was here almost tow hrs.
      i also had my daugter here who was also explaining things like managing my medication, what i was like with peole i didnt know and how anxious that made me and alo what i was like if i had to go out.and how rare that was.
    Im dreading the though  having to go through all that again and if i had to go to tribunerla, i know i wouldnt attend no matter what

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.