Capita complaint — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita complaint

Annabelle26
Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
I have now sent off details of my complaint to the Independent Case Examiner because I was not satisfied with the way Capita handled my complaint against the person who did my F2F Assessment for PIP.  Although Capita said they could not accept or reject my complaint as it was my word against the Assessor the letter  keeps saying The Assessor has been interviewed & followed the guidelines.  The ICE is supposed to get back to me within 2 weeks to let me know whether they can proceed with my complaint.  In my letter I have asked them to get Capita to admit to the DWP that the medical report is inaccurate & also compensation for the distress & stress the Assessor caused by sending in an inaccurate report.  I will let you know when I hear something.  I am glad this forum is here because just telling someone what is happening helps. :):):):):):):):):):):):)<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Your not alone my assessor from Atos did the same to me i furious.
    I have done a MR to DWP.
  • dottydotty
    dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering
    I have now sent off details of my complaint to the Independent Case Examiner because I was not satisfied with the way Capita handled my complaint against the person who did my F2F Assessment for PIP.  Although Capita said they could not accept or reject my complaint as it was my word against the Assessor the letter  keeps saying The Assessor has been interviewed & followed the guidelines.  The ICE is supposed to get back to me within 2 weeks to let me know whether they can proceed with my complaint.  In my letter I have asked them to get Capita to admit to the DWP that the medical report is inaccurate & also compensation for the distress & stress the Assessor caused by sending in an inaccurate report.  I will let you know when I hear something.  I am glad this forum is here because just telling someone what is happening helps. :):):):):):):):):):):):)<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    Hello   Annabelle26    any update on your complaint ?   Where ICE  able to assist ?
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    I have heard from ICE.  They want more information so that they can pursue the case.  
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Good luck.  My report was lies my friend came with me and read mine and said he must have been in a different assessment because most of it were her words not mine at all. Please let us know how you get on as I am putting a complaint in. Nice to see other people standing up to them. Hope everything goes well and they take action. 
  • dottydotty
    I have heard from ICE.  They want more information so that they can pursue the case.  
    Thankyou .   I am in a similar situation .  Lodged a complaint with Capita ,  they agreed / upheld my complaint  , but are now triying  to wriggle out of it  as DWP contacted them in connection with my MR . Needless to say my MR was declined .    My reply said assessor has been interviewed again , and  cannot remember , and does many assessments in a day .
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Tell them your experience.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmworpen/829/829.pdf

All correspondence should be addressed to the Clerk of the Work and Pensions Committee, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. The telephone number for general enquiries is 020 7219 8976; the Committee’s email address is workpencom@parliament.uk.

• dottydotty
    sleepy1   Thankyou  have just been reading the link you posted .  very informative .
  • sleepy1
    Hi dotty, I try when I can  :)  
    That report is very long and most of us don't have the energy to read all that stuff but I do feel it is very important for as many people who are able to read it to do so and have their say. Thats why I have posted the link on several threads.

If you just read the summery then read the recommendations from page 48 it narrows things down and looking at how many organisations (including Scope) have been involved in the debate gives..... Well you would think someone has to wake up and smell the coffee at some point!
  • dottydotty
    sleepy1      Thankyou .  I will  read through it again . it does make you realise how much injustice is taking place . I have been adviced to forward my complaint to an Independent case manager , but I am  unsure  this would achieve ,    
  • sleepy1
    Dotty what is an "Independent case manager" I thought they were extinct now along with independent assessors.

How far have you got reading that report  :)

I somehow managed to stumble across another very interesting document that is basically a handbook for decision makers on what they should do regarding all manner of situations, tried posting a link on another thread but for some reason the link would not work.  Started copying and pasting each page but only got to page 10 out of 40 before thinking what will this achieve!
  • dottydotty
     sleepy1    hi sorry have just seen your last post , "  Yes  I read and re read that report it is very in depth reading ,    have also tried to find the other document you mentioned, Handbook  for  decision  makers .  Not sure as to the" how and why " but did read that not all HP and Decision makers  are fully trained up with regards to the changes  to the mobility criteria ,   
  • sleepy1
    Hi dotty I have tried to post the link again (other document) but don't think it will work,someone suggested trying to convert it to some other format, tried but just ended up messing my computer up and my brain.  I posted the first 10 pages on another thread will have a look back to see which one, got so many bookmarked now hard to keep up.

file:///C:/Users/user/Downloads/WCA_outcomes_v0.1.pdf
  • dottydotty

sleepy1     Thankyou .   It is very much appreciated . .

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • sleepy1
    Hi @dottydotty I can't find the thread I posted the first 10 pages on so I am going to start a new one entitled WCA directions and will just post a couple of pages at a time X
  • dottydotty
    sleepy1  Thankyou , much appreciated .  will look forward to reading it

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.