PIP - Northern Ireland - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - Northern Ireland

Comments

• mayfair
    mayfair Community member Posts: 39 Connected
  • baggsy26
    baggsy26 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Does anyone know the phone number for capita in Wales please I am waiting for a reassement on my son and dwp keeps saying it’s with capita so would I be able to ring them and ask how much longer they will take 
  • sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    @mayfair

Any updates? I am still patiently waiting on my new motability car! Another 2 months to go lol
    Shady.
  • baggsy26
    baggsy26 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Yes told me he’s having paper based assessment and could take another 3 months to find out anything 
  • mayfair
    Hey @sdoc94 I’m still waiting, 10 weeks on Friday. I’m so happy your getting your car even though it’s a bit of a wait lol
  • mayfair
    @baggsy26 my son had a paper based assessment 10 weeks on and I’m still waiting 
  • Shona1
    Shona1 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    I am currently awaiting an appeal on pip in NI. I was first notified of my claim following a home visit by carer’s allowance stopping this for my mother who claimed it. We had a mandatory reconsideration of that decision and were awarded low rate care & mobility. The mandatory reconsideration found same and said that they considered the doctors letter sent in then later sent another letter stating they received my letter but found it hadn’t changed their opinion. In my experience they are very difficult to deal with and you will need to have records of all correspondence to and from them. Anyone starting this process make sure you have all up to date medical records as I found their records were 2 years out of date initially.
  • sdoc94
    @SHONA1

I think it depends on who you are assessed by - decision maker-wise. 

I did not send in any medical evidence but they went looking for it and got it. I was awarded enhanced mobility and standard daily living with 8 weeks back pay. 

I thought it was fair.
    Shady.
  • Shona1
    Shona1 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Very true am not saying my case will be each persons. However couple of things they focused on in my case was my ability to work and ability to be articulate in discussing my cerebral palsy and it’s effects. I was moving from DLA to pip so they used the last DLA medical report but it lacked vital evidence for me with two procedures absent. So it is useful to check what information they have and if outdated send the updated information ideally before your assessment. It is good to hear that your pip process went smoothly I would say it probably is to do with how an individual interpret the form and medical records available. 
  • mayfair
    Hey @sdoc94 phoned today for a update and he’s been awarded enhanced on both to 2022, I’m so happy 
  • sdoc94
    @mayfair

Brilliant news!! I hope this brings a lot of joy and makes the wait worth it!
    Shady.
  • mayfair
    @sdoc94 thank you it was welll worth the wait lol 
  • winky1234
    winky1234 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
  • winky1234
    Its been 2 weeks near from face to face assesement got a text to my phone saying pip have recivee my assersers report how long will take now or can i ring up will they tell you over phone ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    winky1234 said:
    Its been 2 weeks near from face to face assesement got a text to my phone saying pip have recivee my assersers report how long will take now or can i ring up will they tell you over phone ?
    Decision times vary depending on backlog in your area. Some wait 2 weeks while other wait 8 weeks or more. There's really no timescales. They send you another standard text message once they have all the evidence they need. They will only tell you the decision over the phone if a decision's been made. If you've only just received a text saying your report has been returned then a decision won't be made yet.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • winky1234
    Ok thanks for the comment long hold waiting game and fingers crossed something turns up soon  maybe give other week to see 
  • winky1234
    Hey guys just found out i have been accepted for pip standard rate on both is jt the rate on website or is it anything up to that help?
  • poppy123456
    Great news. £57.30 daily living and £22.65 mobility per week. Your award letter will state the amounts you'll receive and when payments will be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • winky1234
    Isthat most i get or could it be a bit more
  • poppy123456
    That's the PIP amounts per week for standard for both, you won't be paid more than that. Payments are made every 4 weeks into your bank.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.