PIP - Northern Ireland - Page 6 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP - Northern Ireland

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As previously stated above....£28.30 per week less for your ESA and your partner will receive £64.30 per week carers allowance.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • winky1234
    winky1234 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
    Options
    Ok so she will get 64 then ok thanks
  • Bruno78
    Bruno78 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Anyone know if there is a current backlog for PIP in Belfast? Moving from DLA over to PIP, left my form in at the beginning of February and all I have heard is "We have received your form and you may need to go for a consultation with a medical professional blah blah" by text message. My ESA review was done and dusted in days a few months ago, expected to hear about a PIP f2f within a few weeks of leaving form in, now been about 5 or 6 weeks without anything. Not complaining about the delay as I am dreading a possible f2f and I am continuing to get DLA in the meantime. Just wondering why its taking so long, the guy that helped me fill forms in said I would hear from them in around 2 weeks. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Bruno78 said:
    Anyone know if there is a current backlog for PIP in Belfast? Moving from DLA over to PIP, left my form in at the beginning of February and all I have heard is "We have received your form and you may need to go for a consultation with a medical professional blah blah" by text message. My ESA review was done and dusted in days a few months ago, expected to hear about a PIP f2f within a few weeks of leaving form in, now been about 5 or 6 weeks without anything. Not complaining about the delay as I am dreading a possible f2f and I am continuing to get DLA in the meantime. Just wondering why its taking so long, the guy that helped me fill forms in said I would hear from them in around 2 weeks. 
    Hi,

There's backlogs everywhere and there's not timescales.  As you only returned your form at the beginning of Feb then it could be while yet. Expect a face to face assessment as most people have them. All you can do is wait but the good news is that your PIP will continue until a decision's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Vicki988
    Vicki988 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Capita got my form on the 25 January 2019 and I am still waiting, is the wait usually this long?
  • Bruno78
    Options
    Vicki988 said:
    Capita got my form on the 25 January 2019 and I am still waiting, is the wait usually this long?
    Your form was put in 2 weeks before mine and I still havent heard anything apart from a text saying they received my form. Actually surprised but not complaining how long its taking as I am still getting paid DLA.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Bruno78 said:
    Vicki988 said:
    Your form was put in 2 weeks before mine and I still havent heard anything apart from a text saying they received my form. Actually surprised but not complaining how long its taking as I am still getting paid DLA.
    The DWP have slowed it all down because they are understaffed and over worked. They have even extended the date once again to when they expect the DLA/PIP roll out to be completed by.
  • Vicki988
    Vicki988 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Finally got a date, 30 April, very nervous now!
  • Bruno78
    Options
    Had a f2f last week, how long does it usually take for a decision and can I request the assessment report when the Department of Communities(DWP, rest of UK) receives it? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Bruno78 said:
    Had a f2f last week, how long does it usually take for a decision and can I request the assessment report when the Department of Communities(DWP, rest of UK) receives it? 
    As you live in N Ireland then you won't be able to receive a copy of the report before the decision is made. Timescales for decisions depend on backlog in your area.
  • Bruno78
    Options
    Bruno78 said:
    As you live in N Ireland then you won't be able to receive a copy of the report before the decision is made. Timescales for decisions depend on backlog in your area.
    How come you can get the report in the rest of UK but not in Northern Ireland before the decision?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Bruno78 said:
    Bruno78 said:
    How come you can get the report in the rest of UK but not in Northern Ireland before the decision?
    I'm afraid i have no idea.
  • twonker
    Options
    Bruno78 said:
    Bruno78 said:
    The rules regarding sending out the report before a decision is made is universal throughout Britain. NI are adhering to those rules quite correctly. In England they are pretty lax in obeying them. Hence why you get some in the DWP that will tell you that the report will not be issued early whilst others don't particularly care one way or another and send it out. 
  • Bruno78
    Options
    twonker said:
    Bruno78 said:
    Bruno78 said:
    The rules regarding sending out the report before a decision is made is universal throughout Britain. NI are adhering to those rules quite correctly. In England they are pretty lax in obeying them. Hence why you get some in the DWP that will tell you that the report will not be issued early whilst others don't particularly care one way or another and send it out. 
    Thanks, just to clarify, when you get the decision letter(regardless of award or being refused) will the report be part of that letter or at least how many points in each criteria you scored points in? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you want a copy of the report, once a decision is made you'll need to ring and request it.

The decision letter will tell you how many points you scored, if any. The assessment report is a lot more detailed than the decision letter.
  • twonker
    Options
    Bruno78 said:
    twonker said:
    Bruno78 said:
    Bruno78 said:
    Thanks, just to clarify, when you get the decision letter(regardless of award or being refused) will the report be part of that letter or at least how many points in each criteria you scored points in? 
    The decision letter is not the assessor's report. It is a separate document that you will probably have to ask for. The points advised by the assessor and awarded by the DWP will be on those documents.
  • Alibo01
    Alibo01 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Options
    I live in Northern Ireland and you can get copy of report before decision is made. I requested mine on Monday and just waiting on it coming out as when I rang guy told me it would give me some idea on which way decision may go. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Alibo01 said:
    I live in Northern Ireland and you can get copy of report before decision is made. I requested mine on Monday and just waiting on it coming out as when I rang guy told me it would give me some idea on which way decision may go. 
    I must admit that's the first time i've ever know them send the report out before a decision is made in N. Ireland.
  • baggsy26
    baggsy26 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Options
    The dwp still hasn’t had my report back after 2 weeks 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    baggsy26 said:
    The dwp still hasn’t had my report back after 2 weeks 
    Quite possible that it's been chosen for audit. If it has then it can delay the decision making process. You can ring the health assessment providers and ask, if it's in audit they will tell you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.