Pip refused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip refused

susan61
susan61 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
i was getting DLA for more than 20 years for AGROPHOBIA  and severe depression I went for a pip assessment in November 2017 and was only awarded 6 points for not being able to go out without someone with me all my money stopped in November 2017 I was put in esa support group my rent is 450 per month and they only pay me £7.45 towards the rent because my daughter works I have heard pip are reassessing people will they reassess me as I get no pip at all I have since developed diabetes and very high blood pressure and I am having some very dark thoughts again I feel so useless relieving on my daughter who doesn't get a big wage any way I think she will leave soon because she is paying so much out its unfair

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,741 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @susan61

You won't automatically be reassessed as you are not currently on DLA or PIP.

Did you ask DWP for a copy of the assessor's report and for a mandatory reconsideration (MR)?

You can make a new claim for PIP at any time.  PIP is awarded not for medical conditions themselves but for how they affect your daily living and mobility. Try to get some f2f advice from CAB or similar.

Also, Disability Rights UK site has a good guide to PIP.

• susan61
    Got assessors report so many things I did not say did mandatory was refused that did not appeal can't go through that again
  • susan61
    Only 240 pounds towards 450 rent because single person with two bed roomed house

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.