New to the group — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to the group

beaver3147
beaver3147 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2018 in Start here and say hello!
Hello everyone. Let me tell you a little about myself.
After over 30 years in the care sector. I now find myself with chronic lower back pain, that has severely affected my mobility. I walk with the aid of a stick and can only walk short distances, without needing to rest. I am on some many pian meds I rattle. I am unable to find work though I am looking because the DWP tell me I am fit. What a joke, some days inam unable to make it around my home.
I suffer from depression and anxiety and have done for over 10 years. But I am fighting back bit by bit.
I enjoy reading, crocheting and singing is my passion. I am a member of a singing group called Streetwise Opera and we have just preformed at the Sage Gateshead. Witch was fantastic. This group has helped me so much with my anxiety and depression. It has given me my confidence back

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @beaver3147 and a warm welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us.
    We have many members who are familiar with depression and anxiety, and chronic back pain for that matter, too.
    Have a look at the conversations and resources in  'Dealing with chronic back pain and ' Mental Health issues'. and let us know how you get on.
    Other members will be along to bid you welcome, too, including fellow sufferers.
    You sound like a brave and positive person, and I am sure you'll make many friends here :smile:
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @beaver3147 , I just had a look at the Streetwise Opera website, looks like great fun!!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness