Hi, my name is Motherford! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Motherford!

Motherford
Motherford Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Iv just joined an am not very sure how things go  ut anyone want to chat feel free

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Motherford and welcome to the community.

There are a number of ways to find discussions, recent discussions will list many of the discussions. If you click on All groups on the right or scroll to the bottom you will find a list of different groups covering specific subjects. However don't worry too much if you are posting in the right group, scope staff will move your post and let you know if they think you will get a better response in another group.

Top right is a box with your picture and name under it, with 4 icons under your name:

Putting @ in front of a members name will mean that they will get a notification that you have posted something to them and a count will appear next to the first icon.
    The second icon is for private messages, very similar to doing emails and you can include more than one person. Again a count will appear next to this if you receive any.
    On these two clicking on the icon will show who has linked to you and the discussion subject in the first one. If  you click on these it will take you to the discussion.
    If you find a topic with useful information  you would like to easily find come out of the discussion and next to the discussion is an outline of a star, click on this and you will bookmark the subject, the third icon will show you a list of those subjects you have bookmarked and make it easier to find later on. 
    The last icon is where you set your personal preferences. A good one to look at is the notifications setting. If you get involved you may quickly find your email inbox getting swamped with emails from the forum notifying  you of activity on the forum. You can change this in this section. If your email lets you set up folders and automatically put particular posts into this folder this is one way of controlling the emails - and make it much easier to delete them once you have looked at them.

If there is something you want to know, just ask, our members are great and supportive.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Motherford Pleased to meet you. Welcome.

Glad you have found us. Great that you have met @Geoark . Great gent good friend.

Explaining everything. Understand it is not easy at first.  I am not good myself at first with all the systems and services. IT not good but now becoming more confident.

Being an old fashioned gentleman of a certain age growing old disgracefully. Never easy all these computers and the related information.
    I joined last year and now always here.

We are a community who are friendly , kind and supportive.

Always plenty of advice and information.

Always here to listen

Take care
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Motherford, welcome to the community! Do let us know if we can be of any assistance.

Brightness