Hi, my name is Dale — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dale

switchdas
switchdas Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Hello everyone. Thank you for accepting me as part of your group.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @switchdas
    Welcome to the community, do you want to tell us a bit about yourself?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • switchdas
    Hi Sam. I have life long disabilities. My Disabilities are internal. I have a condition that causes me to go through agony 24 hours a day. I am on a lot of medication for my pain. Anyway. I am a 47 year old man from the north east of England. I am single and live alone with my dog. I have had many operations on my abdomen. I am in and out of hospital most times so try to make the most of life when I can. Hope this helps but if you want to know anything else, please ask.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Hi @switchdas
    Im sorry to hear you have had such a tough time, I have Ulcerative Colitis and I too have had a lot of surgeries so I understand just how tough it can be.

I hope you enjoy it here on the community, its a friendly place. You can find all the latest posts here and look through the categories here.
    Scope
  • switchdas
    Sam. I have polyps that obstruct my intestines so the pain is unbearable most of the time. I am currently on long term benefits. PIP and ESA. The DWP tried to take my ESA away from me. It went to tribunal and they lost but recently had word they are thinking about cancelling my PIP. I hope not because I've already been through hell with them this year.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Oh I am sorry to hear this, it is so difficult and lots of our members have been through similar things.

I hope you'll enjoy the community, we are a friendly bunch, take a look around and jump in. If you have any questions, let us know.
    Scope

Brightness