PIP appeal - will universal credit award influence our pip appeal?
just appealed against Mandatory Reconsuderation decision. In meantime have applied for universal credit as my husband unable to work and he had to attend a health assessment meeting. Just had letter from them that they’ve decided he has limited capability for work and they won’t be asking him to look for work and have awarded him max disability amoubt. My query is that universal credit is run by the DWP and yet at pip assessment they decided to remove his award and yet at universal credit health assessment meeting he’s been awarded maximum. Does this mean they will change their mind at our pip appeal too as I think they’re going to look a bit stupid if they don’t, or am I wrong?
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 154 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 793 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 705 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.